Give Tim Information About Bike Stuff Thread (formerly What tires should i buy?)

If Schwalbe... Addix or go home!
hype train.gif

It’s not possible to give 110%

sure it is - you race at 110% of your ftp. if ftp is all you got, and you go over it....

i'm selling my shares of some of the major bridges in the area - i get a cut of the tolls, but it is getting tiring making all that money
and filing all of those tax forms. interested?

the nobby nic is a good tire in the new compound (I have two sets of them iv been happy with) but that is the old compound, i would stay away.

that said tires should be rubber, have tread and be round!

Those Nics are great for that price. They’re a little heavy but it’s a good all around choice. I like them for rockier places.
For Allaire or hartshorne I use Racing Ralph in the back and Rocket Ron in the front.
I say buy those Nobby Nics!

For allaire/hart, another vote for Nic front, anything fast in the rear, Ron/Ralph/ikon/Aspen/Xr2. Nic front in any compound is a game changer over Ikon front

The correct tire for your riding ain't worth diddley if the tire air pressure is wrong, mess with you psi some . I see Ikons and Rekons on a lot of bikes, I've used Ardents with success under the trails I ride in north jersey. Onza makes some good tires that I've used at Allaire with success, both the Canis and Svelte roll really well.

Thanks for all the responses. So many options. I definitely need to mess with my pressure a bit too. Ive been running around 28psi because I'm a heavier dude at around 235 with gear, but I'll try 25 next time out. I also have to work on technique and confidence since I'm sure 90% of my wipe out yesterday was due to braking from lack of confidence going into a steep sharp turn.

Thanks for all the responses. So many options. I definitely need to mess with my pressure a bit too. Ive been running around 28psi because I'm a heavier dude at around 235 with gear, but I'll try 25 next time out. I also have to work on technique and confidence since I'm sure 90% of my wipe out yesterday was due to braking from lack of confidence going into a steep sharp turn.
If you are running tubes that may be fine, but if tubeless I was around that weight when I started and probably not too far off now and I run 18-24 front and 20-24 rear depending on where I ride. I rarely ever rim strike at those pressures and that is riding places like the Mooches, High Mountain and Ringwood. Your pressure may be comfortable for you and will vary, but weight isn't everything, you also need to learn to be light on the bike.

By no means am I a good or skilled rider so take my advice with a grain of salt. As far as tire recommendations I am sure they are all great, you will eventually want to try a bunch I am at that point where I am trying to stockpile different tires and wheelsets, but damn it all costs so much LOL

Back
Top Bottom