Give Tim Information About Bike Stuff Thread (formerly What tires should i buy?)

TimBay

Its a giant talon hard tail. Can fit up to 2.4 depending on the tire (so they say). I think its 21mm internal rim width and already running tubeless.

qclabrat

I don't have Ikons but they seem spot on for your conditions. What you looking to get out of chunkier tires?

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Maxxis Forkaster are the way to go.

I have been thinking of getting a set of Forekasters for my trail bike. Do you ride them in rockier parks like Chimney Rock or anywhere up north? Do they hold up to that kind of riding?

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I rideMaxxis Aspens TR EXo everywhere. They finally came out with a bullet proof, top of the line rocket ship of a tire. Oh, and I frequent Huber n Hartshorne weekly. This is perhaps the best tire in the universe...and it's light. I have racaed with these from Stokesville, va(Shenandoah 100) to Port Jervis,NY(Erie 80)with zero failsand zero complaints. I use them at Chimney Rock as well.

TimBay

New bike will be this time next year. I want to get some time and experience jnder my belt to justify the expense.

I just figure the ikons are stock, so probably the most budget version. I feel a bit slippery out there, but a good bit of that is probably my inexperienced technique. I dunno. Maybe I'll just wear out the ikons, then switch it up.

TimBay

I rideMaxxis Aspens TR EXo everywhere. They finally came out with a bullet proof, top of the line rocket ship of a tire. Oh, and I frequent Huber n Hartshorne weekly. This is perhaps the best tire in the universe...and it's light. I have racaed with these from Stokesville, va(Shenandoah 100) to Port Jervis,NY(Erie 80)with zero failsand zero complaints. I use them at Chimney Rock as well.
Ooh. I was expecting them to be like 90 bucks but I see them for just over 50 on competitive cyclist. Thanks.

qclabrat

I also like Aspens but surprised you'd ride them at CR, they seem way to fragile to handle rocks. But maybe I coddle them too much like my kids.

qclabrat

I guess this super deal on the NN are a no go.
It's also their old compound, I recently got rid of a pair otherwise could have loaned it to you to try
If you want to try something with more nobbys I might have something you can try out

Top Bottom