What is With All of the Wrestler People on the Site?

My kid does xc running to get ready for wrestling, so no wrestling is more enduring. Your physically wiped.

Shouldn't the title of this thread be : I DIDNT DO THIS SPORT...SO TO ME...I JUST SEE GAY!
This is always funny when said in person. Usually the person who makes the joke starts the "just kidding" when the awkward pause gets long.

Aren't you down by Del Val HS?

If your go see my boy in action tonight.
Del Val boys could wrestle years ago along with the Hunterdons, which is your sons HS? I also ran XC in the fall, 6 mins on the mat was far more draining than running a 5k

Aren't you down by Del Val HS?

If your go see my boy in action tonight.
I am close to HoVal, Del Val is about 40 min

This is always funny when said in person. Usually the person who makes the joke starts the "just kidding" when the awkward pause gets long.
Oh, in highschool, when we could still use gay / "the not to be said F word", damn straight that was said to the wrestlers :)

I feel like this thread was really created as a cunning ruse to get us all to look at that amazing picture of the most homoerotic singlets i have ever seen.

I wrestled for 1/2 a season in high school. Then i got my rock climbing sponsors and quit.

@qclabrat
Hackettstown HS
Smaller school but wrestling thick
Our problem is as when I went to HS is our proximity to Blair which is where the areas best wrestlers end up. We lost 3 to Blair. My kid has been wrestling since kindergarten but will struggle with the club wrestler (year rounder).

Wrestled 4 years in HS back in the 80's but I sucked. My kid, however, picked up his 70th HS win last night and kicks ass. Here is a picture of him....well, of his shoes at least....

Will tell you this, it's a sport like no other youth sport. It teaches humility, sportsmanship, and a whole host of other life lessons you can't get anywhere else. Best thing I ever did for this kid was support his desire to wrestle and I could not be more proud.

Go ahead, call him gay, I dare you. ;)

Logan2015BartPayneJPG.JPG

Part of the appeal is that people think you're gay? I have some blue checked spandex you can borrow!
you have an issue with them?
First Olympic sport was wrestling. Running wasn't a sport, it was self preservation. :)
Hmmm, first solid argument about Olympics and prompted to get learned on it but wiki says:

Running events
At first, the Olympic Games lasted only one day, but eventually grew to five days. The Olympic Games originally contained one event: the stadion (or "stade") race, a short sprint measuring between 180 and 240 metres (590 and 790 ft), or the length of the stadium. The length of the race is uncertain, since tracks found at archeological sites, as well as literary evidence, provide conflicting measurements. Runners had to pass five stakes that divided the lanes: one stake at the start, another at the finish, and three stakes in between.

The crossface is a great move for motivating a person's head in the direction you'd like by using your wrist bone to apply pressure to the pressure point under nose.

It's like a magic button - Very similar to a punch in the face but very subtle and effective.

I always viewed wrestling as a way to legally beat the shit out of someone.

Wrestling skills aren't very useful for self-defense. Good self-defense disciplines (like martial arts) are designed to disable your opponent before he get's close enough to grab you.

Will tell you this, it's a sport like no other youth sport. It teaches humility, sportsmanship, and a whole host of other life lessons you can't get anywhere else.

As much as I disagree with the spirit of this thread, I think this is an over-generalization. In highschool I've run into wrestlers who had none of those qualities. And I have run into wrestlers who had all of those qualities. There are other activities that promote good values, but I think it's all in how you run with it.

Wrestling skills aren't very useful for self-defense. Good self-defense disciplines (like martial arts) are designed to disable your opponent before he get's close enough to grab you.
Wrong!
The take down and disable is used by ever cop in this country. Not the karate cop :)

As much as I disagree with the spirit of this thread, I think this is an over-generalization. In highschool I've run into wrestlers who had none of those qualities. And I have run into wrestlers who had all of those qualities. There are other activities that promote good values, but I think it's all in how you run with it.
I challenge you as a developer to find a way to determine sarcasm from text. It would probably save the world. Aren't people from the Far East and go to MIT Good at stuff like that?

Back
Top Bottom