What is With All of the Wrestler People on the Site?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
And no, not the cool wrestlers
_83532265_gettyimages-81811936.jpg

91mcmahon_display_image_display_image_original_crop_north.jpg

I am talking about the ones that wore these in highschool / college
High-Elastic-2015-Mens-Faux-Leather-Swimwear-font-b-Wrestling-b-font-Singlet-Gym-font-b.jpg

Recently, @Mountain Bike Mike, @mattybfat, @The Kalmyk and @Johnny Utah (JU took me by surprise, don't know anything about him but it caught me by surprise) have all mentioned or posted something about wrestling.

So growing up, I ran with the skaters / punk / hardcore crowd since IDK, 5th grade. Sure there were jocks, fucking jocks, and then there was the pinnacle of the crazy people who wrestled (that doesn't look like it is spelled right). Stereotypes, yes, but we all know stereotypes come from real stuff and they was no one more dickish in my highschool than the Quarterback and his cronies and the wrestlers. I mean who the hell doesn't eat and then wraps themselves in saran wrap just to make weight? Stories of grabbing dudes balls, sticking fingers up their butt, sticking your junk in their face and in the end you all you really come out with is an ear that looks like this:
cauliflower-ear.jpg

Even more so, people push their kids to be involved in something like that?

Until I starting riding with Mike, I have never met a wrestler that I didn't think was a tool. So please, help me understand what gives with this sport.

Mountain Bike Mike

three things
1. The stories about balls, saran wrap, buttholes yada yada yada - How do you know so much of the inner secrets of wrestling?
2. You still think I'm a tool - let's not kid anyone
3. Come with me to my cousin's next tournament. He's on track to being a state champ and he's only a soft more. you will see the art, the speed, the skill, the talent, the athleticism, the discipline, the humbling, the character.

I'll expose you to the true meaning of the sport and not just the chuckle head view of it.

RobW

three things
1. The stories about balls, saran wrap, buttholes yada yada yada - How do you know so much of the inner secrets of wrestling?
2. You still think I'm a tool - let's not kid anyone
3. Come with me to my cousin's next tournament. He's on track to being a state champ and he's only a soft more. you will see the art, the speed, the skill, the talent, the athleticism, the discipline, the humbling, the character.

I'll expose you to the true meaning of the sport and not just the chuckle head view of it.
Is kev allowed anywhere near a high school?

Mountain Bike Mike

Yes Mike, I know you could beat me up.

The crossface is a great move for motivating a person's head in the direction you'd like by using your wrist bone to apply pressure to the pressure point under nose.

It's like a magic button - Very similar to a punch in the face but very subtle and effective.

I always viewed wrestling as a way to legally beat the shit out of someone.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wrestling is the most enduring sport in school period. It's the hardest to get to the top. It's individual and scientific. Try wrestling someone your exact weight for 6 minutes with very little break. As @gtluke says your best UFC guys are grapplers, guys who can tap you out on the ground.

qclabrat

I wrestled in high school and college for one year, discipline at the college level when not in Div 1 is true dedication. Started fairly late as a sophomore but was in varsity the following year. The discipline you mention is not that much different from training for a race. Countless hours doing endurance work, getting weights in to build power and pushing limits constantly to gain a mental advantage. In most team sports shit happens in the locker rooms it's not necessarily wrestling thing.

Top Bottom