What have you done to your bike today?

it came together quickly - wait until you see the other bike - that's right, n+2.
i think i "need" a dh sled......so i can scare the crap out of myself even more.

dont you do this enough with (and without) the bikes you already have?

dont you do this enough with (and without) the bikes you already have?

1521593482712.png

Personally don't like the idea of 1X on road/gravel bikes, cause I like the ratio combos an extra chainring brings. Also bothers me when I don't have a dummy lever on the left.

Complete fail with the roadlink.
My Derailure is not a ultegra rd-8000 .
It's a rd-6800 it just doesn't have the range to swing up to the 42.

So if anyone needs this.
20180323_193009.jpg

$25.00

Finally swapped out the ultegra for the Red drive from Kevin. Hooked up some fat road tires for a spin. No bueno. I love this bike on the trails but today not so much. Could be that it's been a while since I've ridden pavement. Going for a longer ride tomorrow.
IMG_20180324_174022.jpg

Finally swapped out the ultegra for the Red drive from Kevin. Hooked up some fat road tires for a spin. No bueno. I love this bike on the trails but today not so much. Could be that it's been a while since I've ridden pavement. Going for a longer ride tomorrow.
View attachment 66002
It's a Mountaincycle. On the road. Of course it won't like it!

So I didn't work on the bike but I did build a pretty nice bike rack for the bed of my truck. The front wheels stay on and everything is nice and snug. I sprayed the whole thing with Rustoleum rattle can truck bed liner which came out pretty good. It looks uneven in the picture because I had sprayed a few touchups about 1 minute before snapping the pic that hadn't dried. I have about 1 inch to spare between the rear wheel of my trail bike and the closed tailgate when it's loaded up so if I ever get a larger/longer bike I will have to get clever. The shorter wheel rack is for my son's 20 inch wheel bike. I designed it to be fairly easily modified for someday when he gets a bike with larger wheels....although I probably won't have this rack when that day rolls around.
20180327_213824458_iOS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom