What have you done to your bike today?

Finally got the trans am 29 going for the Allaire ride. No shake down ride before and brakes need work. But I had no other bikes to ride as they temporarily stored at work till after the New Year.

Didn't weigh the bike but it felt sluggish from the get go, tho maybe the narrower gearing for me contributed (34x20). What I surprisingly didn't like were the Chunky Monkey Enduro tires. They are super sticky, which didn't work well with the Allaire sandy trails. I'll give it a try around rockier and rooty trails to see if they perform better. The bike's quite a sight, lots of colors with no distinct scheme. Probably slapping on a new stem next after a proper cleanup of Allaire gold.
View attachment 63610View attachment 63611

I kinda like the rainbow unicorn theme, it just needs the sticker to complete it. :)

Yeah, you'll want a less knobby rear tire if you plan to ride a lot at Allaire. The hidden secret of Allaire is never stop peddling. The second you coast your speed drops immediately.

29+ front 27.5+ rear, well the 29x3.0 fat b nimble on a dually only measures 2.6 while the Trax Fatty is true to size on the 741. Didn't really like the 3.0 plus tires so this is this week's experiment.
MVIMG_20180214_215836.jpg

I'm changing my rockhopper to 1 by 9. However, the brakes have integrated shifters. I liked the levers, for they have patina and original. So I hacked them up with a dremel. Need to clean them up a bit. But my crappy photo skills will show the result

Before:
20180222_111752.jpg

After

20180222_115113.jpg

Sunrace 11x46
20180223_192405.jpg
20180223_192433.jpg

Chain is to long in the 11 tooth. There is no tension on the mechanical. (As they say in England)
Will clean and correct length tommorow.
I will say, It went in all the gears without any adjustments.
Also cleaned all pivot bearings and regreased the BB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom