What have you done to your bike today?

I've used 8-11 speed on the SS w/out issue so long as the chain line and tension is right.
which chainring and cog combo are you running?
I'm planning to use an Endless cog but undecided on the chainring.
Thinking to go with the Niner SS ring, but also have NW and oval options.

Your geared setup is 11spd?
have a number of 9spd chains, they should work with NW, correct?
You can use any chain except BMX. Just make sure the cog you get is 3/32 and not 1/8.

N/W is fine for 9/10/11. Don't need a new chainring unless you wanna change gearing.

Working tons of overtime and drinking lots of twisted teas in front of the computer has an awesome side effect
20170906_154438.jpg

[QUOTE

Now if I figure out how to mount the rear brake we're in business.[/QUOTE]

Is that an older Trek frame that you plan on putting disc brakes?

[QUOTE

Now if I figure out how to mount the rear brake we're in business.

Is that an older Trek frame that you plan on putting disc brakes?[/QUOTE]
yes. its a c. 2005 Trek 4700. it has brake mounting holes 44 mm instead of the 51 or 74 they sell brackets for. I see metalwork in my near future :eek:

Is that an older Trek frame that you plan on putting disc brakes?
yes. its a c. 2005 Trek 4700. it has brake mounting holes 44 mm instead of the 51 or 74 they sell brackets for. I see metalwork in my near future :eek:[/QUOTE]

I rebuilt a circa 2003 Trek for my daughter and put discs on it, so I recognized the Trek frame design. There is an adapter that I found somewhere online. When I get home tonight, I'll see what information I have on it.

yes. its a c. 2005 Trek 4700. it has brake mounting holes 44 mm instead of the 51 or 74 they sell brackets for. I see metalwork in my near future :eek:

I rebuilt a circa 2003 Trek for my daughter and put discs on it, so I recognized the Trek frame design. There is an adapter that I found somewhere online. When I get home tonight, I'll see what information I have on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, had a similar adapter for an '01 Specialized that I added disc brakes to but can't remember the name of the aftermarket component maker and that frame is long gone. I was essentially a bracket that ran from the brake bosses up top down to a mount near the rear axle.

I rebuilt a circa 2003 Trek for my daughter and put discs on it, so I recognized the Trek frame design. There is an adapter that I found somewhere online. When I get home tonight, I'll see what information I have on it.

Yeah, had a similar adapter for an '01 Specialized that I added disc brakes to but can't remember the name of the aftermarket component maker and that frame is long gone. I was essentially a bracket that ran from the brake bosses up top down to a mount near the rear axle.[/QUOTE]

that sounds like the $185 Therapy (http://www.therapycomponents.com/disc-conversion.html) adapter.
While I was looking for a link for that, I stumbled across this (http://campusbicycle.com/product/trek-international-disc-brake-mount-154274-1.htm), ordered one. For $28 it's worth a shot

Back
Top Bottom