What happened to the quick hair cut?

rlb

I don't remember a men's hair cut taking more than 10 minutes when I was a kid. Now they need to spin you around in your chair constantly and it takes 45 minutes to buzz the sides and trim a little off the top. And everyone brings a friend to wait with them. Who has time for this shit?

This falls under something I haven't thought about for 10 years or so, M has always been buzzing my head. I think of all the money I've saved over the years.

i think there is a super ghetto barber shop in downtown somerville you could goto and get what you are looking for, across from the enterprise rental joint

the new wave of barbers take way too long to cut hair. I was going to a place in Middletown, Sometimes I would end up being there for 1.5 hours waiting... when I moved, I decided that I needed to stay local and support the local business. I chose a place that takes appointments.. that still has that barber vibe.... the cut is just as good but more expensive than the place I would sit at listening to sports talk... which I have no interest in because I do not follow sports.... the place I go to now, is down the block and Im in and out within 30 minutes....time is precious these days.

i think there is a super ghetto barber shop in downtown somerville you could goto and get what you are looking for, across from the enterprise rental joint

I'll check it out. They opened a pretty good ice cream place right there, I think it was after you guys moved. Quick cut + ice cream, I'm in.

I married into family barbers though they are in Westchester, so when in town I have a seat. They are 4 generations deep now and turn 350 heads on a Saturday. So there is still real shops left.

Reactions: rlb
I'll check it out. They opened a pretty good ice cream place right there, I think it was after you guys moved. Quick cut + ice cream, I'm in.
Yup, it's right across the street, it may be what you're looking for. Get a high skin fade and some gel

Reactions: rlb
68e.jpg

I've been cutting my own hair since college. Started giving my roommates haircuts then decided to give myself a cut. Took me a bit to learn how to fade the back on myself but now I don't have any issues. I do the typical corporate dude short haircut 90% of the time, but change it up occasionally.

I do my son's hair too. He isn't a fan of barbers so we just decided to have me do it.

I miss my barber, he was old, 25 yrs ago. Sadly he passed.
What I miss the most was the conversation. Always asked about something from my last visit. Good memory that guy had.

Oh and the shave. The hot cream on the sideburns and the back of my neck. Talking straight edge blade. Walk out of there feeln' like a million bucks.

Now its all about $.00 and some goofy chick that failed hairdressing 101

thats the only way they can justify the $20 price tag

These days I go to Chinatown. $7.

Back
Top Bottom