What happened to the quick hair cut?

They're all dead now

Ouch...Close to home. :(

Anyone go to Gabe's in Hamilton? Haven't been there since my uncle passed away.

Found a good place out near where I work. Jimmy C's on Rt 70 in Manchester. Everyone there is good (believe or not I've had people screw up a "0 on the side and 2 on top" at cookie cutter places like great clips)

Found a good place out near where I work. Jimmy C's on Rt 70 in Manchester. Everyone there is good (believe or not I've had people screw up a "0 on the side and 2 on top" at cookie cutter places like great clips)

Sorry about your uncle man.

My town is full of the chain places, I went once and it looked like I tried to do it myself. My other 2 options are semi-quick with unpredictable results, or wait forever for a good cut. My hair grow too fast.

Supercuts. Check in ahead of time with the app, you can select your person once you find a good one. You can always find coupons too. Walk in, 5-10 mins, walk out.

Its amazing how how it is to find a competent person to give a decent hair cut. I can't count how many times I had to touch up missed hair or uneveness on a simple buzzed fade. I bounced around for 2-3 years trying new places before finding 2 ppl I like at the Lincoln Park Supercuts.

thats the only way they can justify the $20 price tag

These days I go to Chinatown. $7.
c-town also, but get the wash, blow and massage package for $10
4 more bills gives a quick facial and ear cleaning :eek:
takes about 45 mins for everything

Supercuts. It's where people want a decent haircut, pay for it and leave, not talk sports, not have some fancy oils poured on them, not have some tattooed guy with a beard shave them.

Granted, I go as long as possible in between haircuts as I still don't like the experience.

There's been a bunch of high end "Men's Salons" opening up near me. There's always a ton of people waiting for expensive haircuts. Who really does have that time, or want to spend their time that way?

I was using an oldschool barber in Lake Hiawatha, but stopped after I basically insulted him and his customer when I said the wrong thing after their discussion on how the world is going to hell because everyone says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

I've been going to an old-school barber shop in Boonton for years. They are Italian and they came to America years ago with their barber skills. Takes about 20 minutes including a hot straight-blade shave of the back of the neck.

The guy I don't go to is retiring, and who knows when the guy I go to is moving down to Florida.

Reactions: rlb
There's been a bunch of high end "Men's Salons" opening up near me. There's always a ton of people waiting for expensive haircuts. Who really does have that time, or want to spend their time that way?

Metrosexuals, they like to feel pretty

That place is solid, I went there years ago. Bridge Ave Barber shop in Point Pleasant is my jam now.

I'm a fan of the longer hair cut exp

Every 2 weeks I walk to Raul down the street.... He shapes up and trims my beard along with a neat fade for $20 + a $5 tip. It's usually a 30-40 minute trip (including the walk) but I make an appointment on his app and use the time to relax. Raul takes a lot of pride in his work. If this thread is still alive I'll post a before and after next Wednesday

There is a place in Fords called The Made Man that I've used since I know ppl there but they are expensive AF but do quality work.

C
I've been going to an old-school barber shop in Boonton for years. They are Italian and they came to America years ago with their barber skills. Takes about 20 minutes including a hot straight-blade shave of the back of the neck.

The guy I don't go to is retiring, and who knows when the guy I go to is moving down to Florida.

Carlos's - Paul and John was going there all my life until my hair stopped growing. Now the remaining is a simple razor in the shower.

wish i could find an affordable good barber close to home :/ ever since i moved out of my parents house i havent been able to find one (am now living in Union). Been doing the sport clips stop and while not horrible the wait sucks and over $20 for a haircut seems steep to me (i remember paying less than half that for the same job)

wish i could find an affordable good barber close to home :/ ever since i moved out of my parents house i havent been able to find one (am now living in Union). Been doing the sport clips stop and while not horrible the wait sucks and over $20 for a haircut seems steep to me (i remember paying less than half that for the same job)

Kris's Family Barber Shop is where I was going when I lived in Springfield. Nothing fancy, just in and out w/ a good cut. They take appointments, can't remember what the $$ was.

Went to Carlo's most of my life.
hmm, i take that back - looks to be about 40% now.....#biclife

The people that went in the back room scared me a bit.

Back
Top Bottom