What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

I had to say goodbye to my oldest pint glass. The chip in the rim officially got too sharp to risk drinking out of it. RIP Enduroama.

39E6A7D7-C4C3-4234-AE52-5D9C31AED6B4.jpeg

The Allamuchy paint lasted, but you can’t even read the green anymore.

I now have to get my legs back to do a ride or race to get another glass to take its place. So that’ll happen in about six years at the rate I’m going.

I had to say goodbye to my oldest pint glass. The chip in the rim officially got too sharp to risk drinking out of it. RIP Enduroama.

View attachment 90616

The Allamuchy paint lasted, but you can’t even read the green anymore.

I now have to get my legs back to do a ride or race to get another glass to take its place. So that’ll happen in about six years at the rate I’m going.
If it’s still in the recycling bin,
you might be able to smooth that out with sandpaper or emery cloth.

Good evening all the bitches!
I have replicated the findings from @JimN’s lab-
0% suck detected in this can.
It’s science.

I have also repeated the experiments a few more times and got the same results each time.

fbd.jpg

When at the old Microsoft home.....

BELLEVUE BREWING CO.
good taco. Good bear. Im still full from the massive egg and chorizo quesadilla this AMo_O

WTA TANGERINE PALE ALE
and 425 PALE ALE. Light cuz is lunch time yo!

Also turns out my first meeting was at an industrial park with a WINERY and a BREWERY. unfortunately brewery (Sumerian)was still closed. I can see more trips down this way in the future :eek:

F99EADC0-6537-4923-A3BA-29AD7E63087D.jpeg23EDE717-079E-4F36-A8AB-153DF857B02E.jpegB799A546-AF9C-48B6-AE11-CBA5DB59B683.jpegC1928ED9-540D-4922-961A-BEA34377B516.jpegF54385B5-F6B2-475A-B763-FE9498C8F1B2.jpeg

• Can's better preserve the beer and reduce the oxidation of the hops which can cause off flavors. They have become very common specifically for IPS style beers and are much preferred over bottles. I actually avoid cans
  • The low shelf life is because of the above, beer is best consumed during a certain range, very few beers can actually be aged and still taste correct
  • A very new and popular style is referred to as NEIPA New England India Pale Ale it is known for its cloudy clarity and is actually how beers used to be made. They often use a lot of adjuncts or filters to get that clarity nowadays.
Hope this doesn't come off snotty I just love beer and the history of beer.

@BPaze - very cool info, thanks for the response.
  • I guess I never really looked at cans as anything beyond a cheaper vessel (you know, Alzheimer’s and all).
  • Certainly the style reflects shelf life, but this can also be attributed to the brew, and to the brewers skill set.
  • I’m certainly going to investigate NEIPA!
I home brewed for 15 years or so, before the microbrew revolution in the US. That and travel sampling pretty much set my personal tastes and standards. Looks like more current research is required...

@BPaze - very cool info, thanks for the response.
  • I guess I never really looked at cans as anything beyond a cheaper vessel (you know, Alzheimer’s and all).
  • Certainly the style reflects shelf life, but this can also be attributed to the brew, and to the brewers skill set.
I home brewed for 15 years or so, before the microbrew revolution in the US. That and travel sampling pretty much set my personal tastes and standards. Looks like more current research is required...
I love homebrewing actually try to brew with my brothers on a monthly basis, it's our dream to open a brewery. I have read a bunch of books about homebrewing and was surprised about the cans originally myself. We actually keg our beers now as opposed to bottling when we brew to keep them as fresh as possible longer. I actually have to find time to finish my home build keezer

All my home brew stuff is in storage. Equipment for 6gal all-grain batches and mini keg dispensing. I do miss it, but need to focus on other hobbies :cool:

@BPaze ...
@one piece crank you're in Kingwood, so very close to Conclave and Lone Eagle for NEIPA trials! Also I'm in Flemington, so feel free to drop by for a NEIPA sampler pack. :)

Back
Top Bottom