What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

Nice- I hope you're working from right to left. Left to right will leave you sad. Don't forget to tag AndyJ
Haha shit I'm slow today, yes great bearded one

That was the plan, Old was great with dinner, then did some light gardening. Afterwards felt like I deserved a KBS. First drink from the 2016 crop, first slip was very disappointing, 5 mins much better. Second pour was the same after 5 mins, is beer anything like wine which benefits from oxygen? However I like the 2015 bottle I had last week better. Todays was more refined and had a cleaner finish, but lacked that bourbon like taste in my mouth afterwards. What gives?

Haha shit I'm slow today, yes great bearded one

That was the plan, Old was great with dinner, then did some light gardening. Afterwards felt like I deserved a KBS. First drink from the 2016 crop, first slip was very disappointing, 5 mins much better. Second pour was the same after 5 mins, is beer anything like wine which benefits from oxygen? However I like the 2015 bottle I had last week better. Todays was more refined and had a cleaner finish, but lacked that bourbon like taste in my mouth afterwards. What gives?
I'm guessing it's more temperature than oxygen you're getting. As the beer warms up, the profile will get bigger.
A beer that's too chilled will taste thin, let it warm up and you get what you came for.

Regarding the 2015 you liked, there are differences between batches, but more likely it's the coffee fading, bringing the bourbon more to the fore.

I'm guessing it's more temperature than oxygen you're getting. As the beer warms up, the profile will get bigger.
A beer that's too chilled will taste thin, let it warm up and you get what you came for.

Regarding the 2015 you liked, there are differences between batches, but more likely it's the coffee fading, bringing the bourbon more to the fore.
Is that then a bad thing? I'm curious why you beer reports said to drink now. If your theories are correct, I'm going to age my half case, rest are already spoken for....

Is that then a bad thing? I'm curious why you beer reports said to drink now. If your theories are correct, I'm going to age my half case, rest are already spoken for....
Nope, not a bad thing, just personal preference. Me, I'm loving it fresh. When we meet up, you are welcome to my last 2015.

Back
Top Bottom