What beer are you drinking RIGHT NOW?

Pre-race drinks at Salt and with @mattybfat

Ommegang Game Of Thrones - Three Eyed Raven
Ommegang Game Of Thrones - Valar Morghulis
Firestone Double Jack
Oskar Blues Gubna

Free Ommegang pint glass.

f006e172d2a6e4ebdfeed8a02276e757_640x640.jpg

[GALLERY=media, 489]Insidious imperial by qclabrat posted Apr 20, 2015 at 7:33 PM[/GALLERY]
Fegley's Brew Works Insidious Imperial courtesy of @jmanic

Tasty treat while spinning King Oliver on 78s

Starting my diet next week, need to clear distractions
Btw: what's the self life of craft stouts?

[GALLERY=media, 489]Insidious imperial by qclabrat posted Apr 20, 2015 at 7:33 PM[/GALLERY]
Fegley's Brew Works Insidious Imperial courtesy of @jmanic

Tasty treat while spinning King Oliver on 78s

Starting my diet next week, need to clear distractions
Btw: what's the self life of craft stouts?
Actually that was courtesy of @soundz, the Sunday morning stout was from me. But kinda from jimmy too.

And the shelf life of these stouts is supposed to be pretty good, and many actually get better with age.
In general big abv dark beers do well cellaring, lighter hoppier things less so.

As for actual time, I think a year or two is reasonable, beyond that, not sure what you'll see. Seems like most of what I have read about cellaring is it's largely experiential. Probably best done with a case of something and sampling every 6 months.

I have a Sam Adams triple bock that is probably at least 15 years old at this point. Gonna need to get to that soon.

Last edited:
Last night at the curling bar I had 2 Evil Twin Molotov cocktail IPAs. The bartender said they were 8.5 %. I checked this morning and they were actually 13. Yikes

Long Trail caught my eye today so gave it a shot. Double Bag double altbier (whatever that means). Kinda blah after drinking all these stouts

Back
Top Bottom