What are you cooking right now?

Curious what knives every one is using... When I got my first Wustof I was amazed how much nicer they were compared to the crap from home goods I had prior.
I think I will pick up a Shun after the house is done.
I have my dad's clever from when he was a chef. Some may find it cumbersome but always worked for me. Also have some very expensive knives from Japan but this one is usually the one I grab. Cuts mushrooms and meats equally well.
PXL_20231225_163117703.jpg

Got a Blackstone for Christmas... Going to by BIL's for 2nd family Christmas get together. So I went hibachi with the food I had to bring. I was flipping shrimp and spinning eggs! (The chicken on a stick turned into DIY style since i couldn't get them to cook evenly)
1000000084.jpg1000000085.jpg1000000087.jpg1000000088.jpg

Chicken math question.

I'm doing a spatchcock chicken on the BGE tonight. I normally go 400 degrees for about 45-50 minutes for a 4-5lb. bird. Tonight's bird is 7 lbs. Any idea about how much more time that should take?

Eggplant rollatini…

Two eggplants, sliced and seasoned with salt and pepper.
IMG_0572.jpeg

Ricotta, egg, shredded mozz, parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper.
IMG_0574.jpeg

Egg wash, then seasoned breadcrumbs, Parmesan, minced garlic, and pepper.
IMG_0575.jpegIMG_0576.jpeg

Pan fried in vegetable oil, rest on paper towels/wire rack
IMG_0578.jpeg

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, covered.
IMG_0579.jpeg

Two meals worth……
IMG_0580.jpeg

Last edited:
Eggplant rollatini…

Two eggplants, sliced and seasoned with salt and pepper.
View attachment 230909

Ricotta, egg, Parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper.
View attachment 230910

Egg wash, then seasoned breadcrumbs, Parmesan, minced garlic, and pepper.
View attachment 230911View attachment 230912

Pan fried in vegetable oil, rest on paper towels/wire rack
View attachment 230913

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, covered.
View attachment 230914

Two meals worth……
View attachment 230915
Needs a sausage garnish 😉

Post the recipe por favor
Here you go-
I just started by browning a couple of links of crumbled up chorizo in the pan, then reserved that (wife wanted veggie)
Used hatch Chile salsa which has a nice heat level to it
Plated up on tortillas

Cheesy Green Chile Bean Bake​

By Ali Slagle

Updated Jan. 22, 2024

Kerri Brewer for The New York Times. Food Stylist: Barrett Washburne.
Rating4(494)NotesRead community notes
This quick and easy skillet dinner is somewhere between an easy take on enchiladas verdes (no rolling required) and a complete-meal rendition of chile con queso. The base is a mixture of charred green chiles, pinto beans and store-bought or homemade salsa verde, which delivers the brightness of tomatillos, chiles, cilantro and lime. Blanket the bean-and-chile mixture with Monterey Jack cheese, then broil until molten. Serve with tortillas, tortilla chips, rice, a baked sweet potato or fried eggs. You could also add Mexican chorizo, bacon or spinach with the chiles, or leftover pulled chicken with the beans.

INGREDIENTS​

Yield:4 servings
  • 1tablespoon neutral oil (such as grapeseed)
  • 2poblano chiles or green bell peppers, seeds and stem removed, coarsely chopped
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2(15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed
  • 1(16-ounce) jar salsa verde, or 1¾ cups homemade salsa verde
  • ¼cup packed cilantro leaves, stems reserved and finely chopped
  • 1½cups/6 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
  • Lime wedges, for serving

Ingredient Substitution Guide

PREPARATION​

1. Step 1
    Arrange a rack in the upper third of the oven and heat the broiler to high. (If you don’t have a broiler, see Tip.)
  2. Step 2
    In a large, ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the poblanos and cook, undisturbed, until browned underneath, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
  3. Step 3
    Stir in the beans, salsa verde and cilantro stems, and simmer until thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
  4. Step 4
    Turn off the heat, sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top, then broil until melted and browned in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve right away topped with cilantro leaves and a squeeze of lime.
TIP
  • You can also melt the cheese on the stovetop. Set the heat under the skillet to low, cover the skillet, and cook until the cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.

Yet another single pan NYT recipe to the rescue on a school night-

Poblanos, pinto beans, salsa verde (hatch chile), chorizo and jack cheese
View attachment 231539

View attachment 231540

View attachment 231541
Muy fucking bueno
Okay, this is in rotation now and put together a great Act II for leftovers tonight.

Reheated with soyrizo, more cheese and salsa and eggs.
IMG_7505.jpeg

IMG_7507.jpeg

Topped off table side with some of this Guatemalan Ketchup.
IMG_7506.jpeg

We now have 2 weeknight dinners set for the rest of our lives.

Back
Top Bottom