• Chain Waxing

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Not lubing your chain

• Overlubing your chain

• High Pivot Trail Bikes

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Insufficiently long headtubes for tall riders, coupled with silly-short zero rise stems.

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Tubeless Sealant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flat Mount Brakes

• Headphones

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Sunglasses

• Total voters

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Here are some trends we are seeing in modern bikes

Vote early and often

I will be glad to crowdsource the worst trends that you have spotted as well

BEST bike trends // 2024 edition:

No one needs to hear your music on a ride, everything on the list is a distant second

While I agree with this sentiment in principle, do understand there may be non-selfish reasons a person may have music on while riding. There just might be medical reasons for the behavior. Don’t always assume the worst w/o having all the facts.

Granted, no doubt the majority are NOT doing it for medical reasons. Just putting the possibility out there.

While I agree with this sentiment in principle, do understand there may be non-selfish reasons a person may have music on while riding. There just might be medical reasons for the behavior. Don’t always assume the worst w/o having all the facts.

Granted, no doubt the majority are NOT doing it for medical reasons. Just putting the possibility out there.

Trying to think of a reason you couldn't in that case just use a pair of bone conduction headphones?

What medical condition would force you to listen to music during a bike ride?

Not gonna discuss my personal medical info on a public forum but someone has already listed some examples, there are others.
I believe they’re just referring to the people with bluetooth speakers that want to make us listen to the same crappy music they are. Headphones and earbuds are a different story.
The problem with those are when the user has them cranked and can’t hear anything or anyone around them like when I come up to a hiker and I announce my presence multiple times with no response from them.

I believe they’re just referring to the people with bluetooth speakers that want to make us listen to the same crappy music they are. Headphones and earbuds are a different story.
The problem with those are when the user has them cranked and can’t hear anything or anyone around them like when I come up to a hiker and I announce my presence multiple times with no response from them.
100%, I get it. I don’t use headphones/buds cuz I do wanna hear what’s around me, hence will look into those bone conductors. I do keep it at a volume where it provides the benefit I need w/o blasting, that said no doubt people can hear mine (don’t use a speaker, just phone audio w/ phone mounted on bars).

My only point here was when judging people without all the relevant info don’t always assume the worst, it’s why there are so many misunderstandings in society as it is.

And again, I know the majority may very well be blasting selfishly, just going on records that it’s not everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom