Wahoo issue/problem.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So, I have only done two rides on my wahoo kickr core. Maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe it's a POS but...I have the latest siftware update and when i put it in target watts mode it gets stuck. Like if I do an interval once I stop and adjust the watts down it stays at what it was at despite lowering the number. It's so bad you can't even restart to spin because it's so hard. If I switch modes and go back it usually changes. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

You're definitely doing it wrong. I'll trade you a 2014 Kickr for your Core. Maybe you won't do that one wrong.

I'd update the firmware on both the Element and the core. Then do a spin down to calibrate the speed. If it doesn't work, call this # . 1(877) 978-1112

I guess it is normal for high resitence in ERD mode (slower cadence means more resitance). You need some application which controls power according to your plan while you maintain high cadence.

I did spindown through app and element.

I meant did you try to use the app for a workout.... This is what I use and never have an issue. I keep it dark when I'm working out and I can see the Bluetooth LEDs flash on the trainer indicating that it's changing resistance.

98933A08-1F8A-42E2-8FFD-3638704A98BE.jpeg

So, I have only done two rides on my wahoo kickr core. Maybe I am doing something wrong or maybe it's a POS but...I have the latest siftware update and when i put it in target watts mode it gets stuck. Like if I do an interval once I stop and adjust the watts down it stays at what it was at despite lowering the number. It's so bad you can't even restart to spin because it's so hard. If I switch modes and go back it usually changes. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

ok Dave - when you say stop - you mean stop pedaling? or stop the flywheel?

i had to get off the bike for a few seconds to chase the cat while it was calling for 250W - when i got back on, it was close
to locked up - had to stand on it to get it going.

this almost makes sense - consider some weird granny gear say 24/50 - to create 250W with that type of mechanical advantage
at a low RPM it would have to be a huge resistance - the trainer sees low cadence, low speed, and would turn up the resistance.
make sense?

at a higher RPM, higher speed, the resistance would be less. this is because watts is an instantaneous measurement -
could think of it as the velocity of energy transfer.
not sure if there is a setting to avoid this. thinking of it the opposite way, if you put in 250W and it didn't create any resistance,
the cadence would have to go up to take up the extra power.

bad kitty
IMG_2736.JPG

Last edited:
ok Dave - when you say stop - you mean stop pedaling? or stop the flywheel?

i had to get off the bike for a few seconds to chase the cat while it was calling for 250W - when i got back on, it was close
to locked up - had to stand on it to get it going.

this almost makes sense - consider some weird granny gear say 24/50 - to create 250W with that type of mechanical advantage
at a low RPM it would have to be a huge resistance - the trainer sees low cadence, low speed, and would turn up the resistance.
make sense?

at a higher RPM, higher speed, the resistance would be less. this is because watts is an instantaneous measurement.
not sure if there is a setting to avoid this. thinking of it the opposite way, if you put in 250W and it didn't create any resistance,
the cadence would have to go up to take up the extra power.

bad kitty
View attachment 84094

keep the spray bottle set on long rang hanging on the handlebars? so you dont have to get off the bike . . .

Back
Top Bottom