Trail Updates 2011

gave Hartshorne a try yesterday. it's a no-go. some sections are completely clear and dry but considerable portions are still under 8+ inches of snow.

conditions wre encouraging (less snow than I thought) but not rideable (unless you like riding through 8 inches of snow).

WHAT!? Rode Most of Rocky Point it was near perfect with only a little ice on a few sections barely any though! Started at top of hill Went past Fire road and made the left onto RP. Going for another ride after 3pm

WHAT!? Rode Most of Rocky Point it was near perfect with only a little ice on a few sections barely any though! Started at top of hill Went past Fire road and made the left onto RP. Going for another ride after 3pm

dogo - you gotta check the date of my post. I made it on Feb 20 regarding my ride on 2/19 (i.e., last weekend).

LAST weekend the GRAND TOUR trail had signifcant areas of snow/ice. I assure you I was not imagining the snow I had to walk through ;) on Grand Tour. I didnt do Rocky Point but others on here rode Rocky Point last weekend and found it in rough shape. sounds like there was some snow melt over the last week.

If you ride the Grand Tour and Laurel Ridge trails I'd love to hear an updated status.

Last edited:
dogo - you gotta check the date of my post. I made it on Feb 20 regarding my ride on 2/19 (i.e., last weekend).

LAST weekend the GRAND TOUR trail had signifcant areas of snow/ice. I assure you I was not imagining the snow I had to walk through ;) on Grand Tour. I didnt do Rocky Point but others on here rode Rocky Point last weekend and found it in rough shape. sounds like there was some snow melt over the last week.

If you ride the Grand Tour and Laurel Ridge trails I'd love to hear an updated status.

DOH! ya didnt ck that sry. Anyhow ya I'll let you know I'm leaving in a few.

Just went today. The trails were pretty dry. The grand tour going up the hill towrds the Rocky point section was a little damp. Rocky point was dry. The westest part of the trail I encountered was the fire road _ laurel ridge trail. It was pretty muddy in parts. But otherwise the trails were pretty dry. I did see lots of down trees.

poorgiiy -

There were 2 bigs trees down. I believe there was one the grand tour trail between the cabin and the monmouth hills section. There was another one down one the rocky point section. I think the tree was between the bunker loop and the 1st road crossing. next time I go I will get a better idea of where they were.

poorgiiy -

There were 2 bigs trees down. I believe there was one the grand tour trail between the cabin and the monmouth hills section. There was another one down one the rocky point section. I think the tree was between the bunker loop and the 1st road crossing. next time I go I will get a better idea of where they were.

I'm going tomorrow

After stellar Allaire yesterday and basically the last almost 2 weeks I went to Hartshorne today knowing it's always a couple weeks behind in recovery. Sorta sucked. Below freezing but sun melted top of mud real slick without being obvious (brown ice instead of black?) Yea, a couple trees down but more dissappointing is the blow downs, flow killer obsticles and smaller trees across the trail that have been there since before the snow.
Could use some love. Wish I didn't have to work 3/12, TM class.

poorgiiy -

I do recall the tree down at grand tour over by the cabin, its been down since the fall. Its doable to get over on a bike but it probably should be removed for better flow.

I believe the rocky point section tree is also doable, unless a new one came down that I'm unaware of.

In the coming months blow downs and trees should get resolved by park system staff. The winter has been tough for park employees to get out and seasonal workers are not on board yet.

Rode Hartshorne last Sunday(2/27). 75% of it was clear of snow and mud. We rode about 8.5 miles and it was not too bad. Although, there are a couple downed trees and annoying braches. Some maintenance is required.

My opinion is it's pretty much ready to ride by this weekend. Weather is going to be great Saturday. LES RIIIDE!!

Remember all. there is a tM training session on the 12th. I plan on being there so i can give some love back to the trails. The last time I helped was to build the rocky point trails, so i think i am over due.

Rode Hartshorne 3/5/2011

Very fast all trails really fine shape. Saw alot of you out there. Watch for the downed trees but after this weeks TM all should be good. If your ride volunteer some time to get these trails back into shape!

to bad u have to take the class or I'd be there to lend a hand

Come on now... its about 3 hours and i promise i wont make it boring :D..geez give some love back... its one time for the class and your good for the rest of your TM time..

Hope to see you at the class.

Mike

Remember all. there is a tM training session on the 12th. I plan on being there so i can give some love back to the trails. The last time I helped was to build the rocky point trails, so i think i am over due.

make sure you say hi.. ill be thier teaching...:D

mike

hit it ! been there today .
beside some short soft spots in the low area it is in great shape -looks that some off the fallen trees were cleared up .

Conditions were good today... Hopefully they wont be too tainted with the upcoming weather... Devils Elbow was licked with a 34/19 but the Laurel Hill Climb was too much for me:mad:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions