Trail Issues

Frank

Sasquatch
Once again a rogue element is creating issues at Allaire. Someone decided to build a semi “North Shore” style trail across the street by the group camp site. Park officials were notified when a park employee and spouse were hiking in the area and noticed the construction. Needless to say the park officials are not very happy about this and other rogue trails that have popped up lately. Why am I posting this? I am hoping the guilty party/parties may be members of the board or perhaps lurking about and will read this and reach out to me so we can discuss this before things get real “official”. I would really like to avoid any situations that would bring a bad light to our user group so I need to nip this in the bud. Park officials will be putting up signage to reflect their no illegal trail building policy and the stunt in question is going away. If you have any information you can either PM me or e-mail me at allaire@jorba.org to discuss this. I am not here to impose any official action but since the park is giving us the opportunity to rectify this, I feel a swift response is necessary.

Thanks for your time

Sorry to hear about this Frank. I will Keep an eye out for you and let you know if I see anything going on. It would be a shame if it reflects on the work that you have put into this park!

angry_mob.png

We'll keep our eyes out too!

Good luck! The "rougue" element is outta control up here in the northlands. If you come up w/ any effective solution please let us know.....:(

Signage

Hopefully the park can put in signage for the trails while they are putting up all that other IMPORTANT signage:hmmm:. This way people can find there way around that place without constantly getting lost. I rescued more than my share this year and it's not even benny season yet.:hmmm:

They need to get some webcams in there.

That sucks people are doing that. They probably don't know any better.

Frank may I suggest to the park officals they go to cabelas and get some real tree camo motion sensitive cams on that area after they dismantle it? Its what hunters use to see where deer are moving in hunting areas and are pretty much invisible.

Frank may I suggest to the park officals they go to cabelas and get some real tree camo motion sensitive cams on that area after they dismantle it? Its what hunters use to see where deer are moving in hunting areas and are pretty much invisible.

They won't come to a salt lick,.... should we bait the cameras with Red Bull?:D

It really is a shame that you have to deal with this nonsense. It should not be the responsibility of the volunteers to police the place.

I've got a problem with trail users that go out and just do what they want in the woods. I also have a problem when the park officials recognize an issue and call on someone else to address it.

I've got a problem with trail users that go out and just do what they want in the woods. I also have a problem when the park officials recognize an issue and call on someone else to address it.

I think with budgets being what they are, their only recourse it to close the trails much of the time. This is their attempt to not have that happen.

If I'm in the woods I prefer to ride, personally.

Good luck! The "rougue" element is outta control up here in the northlands. If you come up w/ any effective solution please let us know.....:(
I hear ya..

Hopefully the park can put in signage for the trails while they are putting up all that other IMPORTANT signage:hmmm:. This way people can find there way around that place without constantly getting lost. I rescued more than my share this year and it's not even benny season yet.:hmmm:
Find the ass clown who keeps pulling up the trail markers. I found a pile of them on the fire road:mad2: I swear someone is using them as swords.

It really is a shame that you have to deal with this nonsense. It should not be the responsibility of the volunteers to police the place.

Agree with you on the folks randomly doing what they want in the woods.

On your other comment; they are giving us the opportunity to police ourselves without sending Park Police in. If that occurs it's closure time. Trust me it's better this way.

A legal jump park would stop all the illegal building... ;)

But I feel your pain, Frank. That sucks.

I don't have to tell you about this bro...1 step forward, 2 steps back.

I think with budgets being what they are, their only recourse it to close the trails much of the time. This is their attempt to not have that happen.

BINGO !!!!

Sorry to hear about this Frank. I will Keep an eye out for you and let you know if I see anything going on. It would be a shame if it reflects on the work that you have put into this park!

Thank you..It's a good thing the park realizes this is a rogue builder.

They probably don't know any better.

That's the reason for this post....hopefully he will get the message.

Frank may I suggest to the park officals they go to cabelas and get some real tree camo motion sensitive cams on that area after they dismantle it?

With the budget cuts there is no money to be spent on that. The Park Superintendent has 3 parks to take care of instead of one. But I did see some Claymores out in the shed :hmmm:

Last edited:
Although, I don't condone the rogue elements, they did do some nice work.

Better than last time at least. If official features are ever made the park won't have to worry about rotting structures giving out without warning plus its always a bummer when decaying structures with exposed nails ruin your tires/equipment.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions