Tourne County Park Conditions

Leaner you need to crawl under roughly here
View attachment 231323View attachment 231324
I happened upon this tree while snowshoeing/hiking today. I had my trusty Silky "big boy" saw handy, so it's been deleted. The trails are in great shape for biking, save for a few icy spots. I almost went home to reconfigure for biking!! Fat bikes and skinny bikes alike were all out today. Kudos to the trail maintainer who drags a sled around to groom the snow.

Attachments

• PXL_20240218_195408279.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240218_195408279.MP.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 51
I happened upon this tree while snowshoeing/hiking today. I had my trusty Silky "big boy" saw handy, so it's been deleted.

Awesome, thanks! I crawled under that one quite a few times over the past few days. I have a Katanaboy that I absolutely love, but it's too big to ride with :)

Kudos to the trail maintainer who drags a sled around to groom the snow.

No grooming, just hikers/snowshoers and cross country skiers, followed by bikes.

Awesome, thanks! I crawled under that one quite a few times over the past few days. I have a Katanaboy that I absolutely love, but it's too big to ride with :)

No grooming, just hikers/snowshoers and cross country skiers, followed by bikes.
I noticed some trails had presence of this sled, and others didn't. Perhaps just a kids sled? idk. Looked like it helped! lol. In any event, the trails are quite rideable.

I noticed some trails had presence of this sled, and others didn't. Perhaps just a kids sled? idk. Looked like it helped! lol. In any event, the trails are quite rideable.

I feel confident in saying that nobody used a sled to groom the trails, but I also saw evidence of sleds out there. What I think happened is that people didn't realize the "sled hill" was plowed this year. The road between the upper lot by the playground and the main lot down by the ball fields is usually closed to traffic and is a sledding hill in Winter, but this year because of some construction, they actually had that road opened and plowed it to allow cars to come through. People probably showed up with sleds not realizing this, and then just sledded wherever possible.

I happened upon this tree while snowshoeing/hiking today. I had my trusty Silky "big boy" saw handy, so it's been deleted. The trails are in great shape for biking, save for a few icy spots. I almost went home to reconfigure for biking!! Fat bikes and skinny bikes alike were all out today. Kudos to the trail maintainer who drags a sled around to groom the snow.
Thanks for the cut! I thought that one needed a chainsaw.

A chainsaw would've made quicker work of it for sure. Just took a little persistence. It was probably about 9" diameter, but at least is was a softer wood (pine). Those silky saws always impress me.

Last edited:
I rode on Friday afternoon, was surprised at how dry the park was. Fast forward to yesterday, buddies of mine rode Sunday morning after Saturday's rain and also reported that the park was in amazingly good condition. Seems the ground is absorbing and or shedding water really well for this time of year.

Overall very good conditions this am. Finished up just before the rain!
only wet section was on the teal trail. Running water down the trail. Everything else was very good.
Tree down on trail above red on east side (armadillo?) close to connector to new trails.
IMG_6900.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions