Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

71E3318A-CB80-4C96-AD8B-C08D115D6A75.jpeg

That was a really fun ride. @jShort and @pearl were flying on the way back especially after the biggest of the climbs... I hung on until about 3/4 of the way back when I front flatted on the way down whatever that big downhill section is called.... and realized I didn’t have a co2 inflator... it is in my NICA camelback.... So I rode a front flat all the way back to the lot.... I’m pretty sure, had I not flatted, that I would’ve been able to finish with these guys. It just sucks when your’re having a solid ride and feeling great and then a flat ruins your day..

53F7C366-0339-4D8A-B07B-6C2C29564F9C.jpeg

But yeah.... Hanging out afterward at Cryans was a perfect way to top off the night... It was funny watching these guys get all pumped over the draft picks... i saw Pearl strategizing for this seasons Mtbnj fantasy football league...

Good to see and ride with Pearl.

105384EA-E037-47C6-9607-B9AB7058901A.jpeg

So then you didn't really clear it?
No he cleared it.
There is the re route which cuts the corner a bit but still puts you out well before the steeper part of hike a bike climb.

I only know of two people who have cleared the hike a bike section of Cushatonk. Woody, who is no braggert and doesn't lie and Maurice, who is the legendary fastest man in MTBNJ land, whose speed is akin to the Wako kid. Me and Mike actually saw Jeremy climb this section, so this makes us almost as famous as Jeremy.
Gene-Wilder.gif

the trail that comes out closer to the saddle is the one @Norm brought back from the dead two years ago.
it had been blocked since sandy. looking at putting in one more switch back to the top, so the list of heroic climbers may
end at 3.

well done @jShort.

No he cleared it.

Haha, I'm just bustin. I think I only started from that side once and tried to climb it, and I didn't think it was that bad at first. Then I got to where it starts getting hard and was like, "oh i see."

Insanely impressive, Jeremy!

looking at putting in one more switch back to the top, so the list of heroic climbers may
end at 3.
Switch backs would be nice, RV has enough climbing. If a re-route ever does go in, the hike a bike section could be left in place for hikers and mtbers wishing to achieve legendary status.

We'll be at CR Thursday. But I'm thinking we'll be taking it easy with way-way 50k on Saturday. Not Funday Monday ride, but I don't plan on any hard efforts.

I wanted to ask about Thursday Effort, but I think I have family commitments this week anyway. Hope to get out to CR soon on my tour of New Jersey’s rocky ass parks.

Roll call. I may not get there till a little bit later than usual. I'll try to be ready to roll at 515. @pooriggy is usually there much earlier.

This will not be a punishing ride btw. At least not for me. If anyone wants to open it up go for it, I'll hang back.

Sounds like this would have been a good evening for me to join you fools.

Too bad I brought the wrong bike to school with me.

I'm out this week and next, maybe all month. Taking some time off to heal - after my crash at six mile 4/14 I've been having some knee issues, flared up pretty bad after doing the Tour De Franklin this past Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom