3/19 - 3:03

IMG_20190319_110455_562.jpg
Screenshot_20190319-192930_Strava.jpg

Thanks BIYF

Final ride of the season St Pats

Date 3/17
Miles 44
Time 2:47

Single speed is still in the shop getting completely new brake system.

Took the gravel bike out on Watchung Wheelman Road ride and had a nice outing

Zero commutes the last two weeks as life has gotten very busy but no regrets, I have made it to Spring without piling on weight or getting out of shape to badly.

Total BIYF success story.

Thanks y’all
W

03/20
2:12
bonus

Last Dawn Patrol of Winter did not Disappoint

Ventured up to Baldpate and found some stuff drier than expected but the backside is still very wet, as expected, however not nearly as bad as this time last year. I did walk a few sections. Moon was mesmerizing reflecting off the canal on the way up, but a picture wasnt working out. Great last winter morning.

After my ride, grabbed some coffee and headed to core creek to work on some stuff and get on the same page with another guy on work for this year. re-graded a bad muddy spot and started armoring it with rocks. On the way into the office, Mike hit me up and I helped him for a few min at the trails.

Super nice day out.

99451A95-0BCF-47D4-B401-149BF02458CF.jpeg
F1F8D8F3-A36F-4BF3-8941-40085C0A98DA.jpeg
AB037344-1776-4096-90DD-8D69B3CF8473.jpeg
7F296E13-CAD1-44B4-92BF-6955405A06C0.jpeg

03/20
bonus

Last Dawn Patrol of Winter did not Disappoint

Ventured up to Baldpate and found some stuff drier than expected but the backside is still very wet, as expected, however not nearly as bad as this time last year. I did walk a few sections. Moon was mesmerizing reflecting off the canal on the way up, but a picture wasnt working out. Great last winter morning.

After my ride, grabbed some coffee and headed to core creek to work on some stuff and get on the same page with another guy on work for this year. re-graded a bad muddy spot and started armoring it with rocks. On the way into the office, Mike hit me up and I helped him for a few min at the trails.

Super nice day out.

View attachment 90654View attachment 90655View attachment 90656View attachment 90657
moon came sinking really fast today. 10 mins before sunrise it was just above sea level and HUGE...

3:02
Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/xBbSOJTAdV
28d827f7-70e4-feb7-0000-01699c82d935

20190320_111046.jpg

Great day to be out single track was in perfect shape D&L was frozen on the way in but not on the way out hardest part of the ride was the last mile on the D&L so on to the pic historic? Maybe...history? Yes ran across this pipe while building a bypass a few years ago told a local about he dug up info. This trail goes through the north end of an old private community formed in 1883. Fountain lake is there this pipe supplied the fountain from a spring about 1/4 mile up the hill hence the fountain they didn't have electric pump back then

ride: 1:18
bonus: 0
total time 1:18

https://www.strava.com/activities/2227200544

So today I rode alaire with @Dajerseyrat, Glen, Chris and Andon. It was a beautiful day and the lot was packed with bike at 10:00. Well not packed, but pretty crowded for a weekday. Saw a real manly man lifted van in the lot. Yellow jacket Glen gave us a tour of across the street and down to the GSP, then back to the main section. Saw some new features that we dared not try. We did some riding and some chatting.

While we were messing about the pits, our fearless leader Glen was attempting to climb a big stinking hill. We were all down in the pit watching him. Out of nowhere, a rider came screaming down into the pit perpendicular to Glen, missing him by inches. Glen didn't see the rider and the rider just sped off. Both riders were going pretty fast, so it would have been a pretty bad crash. So the lesson learned is don't crash and maybe have someone watching up top.

We also passed the old rusted out car, which consensus is an old ford. I say from the forty's. I'm sure it been discussed at length here. Overall the ride was great, haven't been here in awhile so it was fun.

No bonus, I don't think Alaire qualifies. Maybe Brisbane, but didn't ride there.

Date: 3/20
Ride Time: 2:30
Bonus: 1:00
Total Time: 3:30

Enter Strava Link Here:

Enter Pictures/Story Here: So, I didn't know this before, but there was a section of Westfield that was home to the Wilcocks and the Badgelys, some of whom died in the Revolutionary war. Here's a sign:

PETE FARM IMG_20190320_135954-01.jpg

Found these two antiques, so I was quite excited. After I took this picture, I found at least a dozen more 38 yards later:

BUDW CANS IMG_20190320_131309-01.jpg

Nice to enjoy some warm weather and trails that were drying out.

#freeutah

Last edited:
Oh, I went straight to the “weight room” when I got home.... is that from the Vault Brewery in New Hope? Love that spot. It’s an old bank and they used to label their beers with old bankers checks they found in the actual vault....
That ride you had called for a drink. I know of The Vault in Yardley. Great beer and food.

Date: 3/20
Ride Time: 1:14
Bonus: 1:00
Total Time: 2:14

Enter Strava Link Here: https://www.strava.com/activities/2227970326

Did a quick afternoon ride at my local trails, came across what I believe to be a decently sized bear print. Then rode down to the Sloat's Dam, which was built in 1792 (In 2000, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places). It was used to support milling operations off the ramapo river. It was originally built to support a sawmill and tannery. It was reinforced with concrete in 1815 to support at that time a textile mill. Eventually the flood of 1903 damaged the mill and it closed. It was purchased by another company and used until 1955, when a giant fire severly damaged the mill. Years later all the other buildings were razed for construction of the nys thruway. The only remnants of what remains I believe are the dam and the two stone posts on the other side of the property.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloat's_Dam_and_Mill_Pond

IMG_20190320_131909.jpg
IMG_20190320_134000.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom