stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
03/21
2:06
bonus
2:06

Gritty First Ride of Spring

Low 40's and rain isnt too appealing but didn't rain all that much and mostly lightly. Rode the canal on the PA side further than normal and north of New Hope, fender packed with mud so I just on the road since my wheel wasnt moving anymore. It cleared out quickly once on the road. Hot some of the dirt roads in the area on the way back south.

w_b

3/20
1:51
History +1:00
2:51 Total

10mm

Cosmic intersection of The Bike Path, The Landing, and The Birthplace of College Football; within 13 dekametres of each other:

IMG_2980c.jpg

Then I found this millstone that only ground NJ grist:

IMG_2986.JPG

Even the sign is olde:

IMG_2988.JPG

This helped immensely:

IMG_2993.JPG

Cool, Verified Olde Stuff:

IMG_2992.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

Then Purple Kush x Jonny5 on The Riviera:

IMG_2996.JPG

Finally hooked up with some bling nearby La Casa, another Bobbydazzler for the collection:

IMG_3002.JPG

Good Ride!

w_b

3/20 Evening Assault
0:52
Lights: +0:20 Tombo: Priceless
1:12 Total

How possible most peeps so oblivious?

This evening I spun around with a friend who doesn't normally come out. Checkin' out some LED lighting solutions and bouncing around the local downtown. Bar lights are dumb, unless backup. I'm almost never turning where I want to be going, wink, wink.

I did my best to goad him into a longer spin, but not havin' any of it. Beers, havin' plenty of it. I shoulda just stuck with whiskey.

Last edited:

liong71er

Thanks BIYF

Final ride of the season St Pats

Date 3/17
Miles 44
Time 2:47

Single speed is still in the shop getting completely new brake system.

Took the gravel bike out on Watchung Wheelman Road ride and had a nice outing

Zero commutes the last two weeks as life has gotten very busy but no regrets, I have made it to Spring without piling on weight or getting out of shape to badly.

Total BIYF success story.

Thanks y’all
W
Hopefully all well for you warren
You’re almost made it
Kudos and excellent runs!!

thegock

Date: 3/21
Ride Time: 1:24
Bonus: rain/no rain 0:20
Total Time: 1:44

Enter Strava Link Here: ALLC LEAR

Enter Pictures/Story Here: I cleared a cut thru on the north side of town for the first time to get to some trails.

It was cold, windy and rainy the whole time, but I was overdressed. LS tee shirt, base layer, jersey and surprisingly waterproof Endura shell over Spec Defroster boots.

Before I got to this section of the trail, someone had cut and removed these two and some other deadfalls:

ALLC LEAR IMG_20190321_105458-02 (1).jpg

No birds today, guess they were hiding from the weather.

teabagger11

to all who rode today....kudos. i bailed it started pouring when i pulled into the trail head so i sat in my truck and took a nap hoping it would ease up it didn't. hard to believe the trails were in such awesome shape yesterday now soaked. i may have to call off work this weekend to make up for today first ride opportunity of this years BITF i didn't ride

rick81721

Lothar
3/22

1:33

Strava back from the dead

Well planned to take off 3 days because friends were coming in from Chicago but turned out I got either the flu or ILI that started on Monday (no wonder my ride felt like I had nothing). Two straight days of fever, chills, exhaustion and no appetite - Tuesday ate nothing but 4 pieces of toast. So sick I couldn't even go on our fishing charter on Wednesday morning - my friend's wife took my place. Didn't miss much tho, they only caught a few sheepshead and a small hammerhead shark. These guys seem to be jinxed travelling - it rains wherever they go - even southern California or Italy in the summer. They arrived Monday and it was cloudy 3 straight days (and rained all day Tuesday) - longest stretch of no sun all winter.

Anywho, felt better enough to try a ride today. But after the illness and not eating much for 3 days, really struggled. Six miles straight into a modest 10 mph headwind going north at the beginning of the ride almost did me in - I considered turning around but refuse to do a ride less than 1 hour - what's the point? Made it through the north headwind, then east/west stretch before a boost coming home. Still a miserably slow average - but at least I got out there. Hopefully better tomorrow.

IMG_20190322_104411.jpg

#freeutah

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
3/22

1:33

Strava back from the dead

Well planned to take off 3 days because friends were coming in from Chicago but turned out I got either the flu or ILI that started on Monday (no wonder my ride felt like I had nothing). Two straight days of fever, chills, exhaustion and no appetite - Tuesday ate nothing but 4 pieces of toast. So sick I couldn't even go on our fishing charter on Wednesday morning - my friend's wife took my place. Didn't miss much tho, they only caught a few sheepshead and a small hammerhead shark. These guys seem to be jinxed travelling - it rains wherever they go - even southern California or Italy in the summer. They arrived Monday and it was cloudy 3 straight days (and rained all day Tuesday) - longest stretch of no sun all winter.

Anywho, felt better enough to try a ride today. But after the illness and not eating much for 3 days, really struggled. Six miles straight into a modest 10 mph headwind going north at the beginning of the ride almost did me in - I considered turning around but refuse to do a ride less than 1 hour - what's the point? Made it through the north headwind, then east/west stretch before a boost coming home. Still a miserably slow average - but at least I got out there. Hopefully better tomorrow.

View attachment 90819

#freeutah

Glad it was only a quick illness. Could have been worse. Now back to your 20mph average:)

Top Bottom