The Original BIYF 18/19

2/25

3:31

Strava multi-park outback ride

For illustrative purposes, I did @Johnny Utah 's weekly bonus challenge. Able to link together 4 park systems:

1. Northport HS trails

IMG_20190225_100908_044.jpg

2. Myakahatchee river trails

IMG_20190225_104148_021.jpg

3. Live Long and Prosper SCORR trails (I might have been 1 minute light on the time here)

IMG_20190225_111735_063.jpg

4. Mabry Carlton reserve on the way back

IMG_20190225_115536_711.jpg

If I was in mortal, this would be a 2 hr bonus, and a 5.5 hr/pt ride. Get out there and hit some parks!

02/24/19
Sourland Classic
Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/2173102319
Time: 4hrs, 11 minutes, 15 seconds

My buddy Grant and I drove out to Hillsborough (I think that's where the start was) and met up with his friend. The rain stopped, thankfully! It was a great ride! Great pick of roads, mostly pavement, some dirt thrown in. Would do again and looking forward to HOH. That was my longest ride to date. Felt really good with the amount of time, miles and hydrating/nutrition. The event was ran extremely well. They took good care of us pre, during and post. I know most of you have done these events before but totally new for me as I don't ride drop bar bikes, that often, until now.

Everyone have a great week,

Jordon

02/26
1:23
Bonus
1:23

Blowdown Battering Ram

As expected, the woods looked like a god sized woodchipper was used, but all in all, not too bad at core. Lots of 1/2" to 4" blowdowns and some bigger stuff that needs some sawage. Was able to pull 4-5 trail blocking logs / trees off the trail. However this one needs a chainsaw or a reroute or something else. It is hard to tell in the picture, but it is right before a 4' high roller.
7A2F8299-98AC-43B8-9267-8B86DAB2C664.jpeg
7169BDCF-DE39-48B8-AC19-3C480107FE71.jpeg

Last edited:
Date: 2/26
Time: 2:05
Bonus: 1:00??
Total time 3:05
https://www.strava.com/activities/2177678729

I think this counts as two parks? About 50mins on the Delaware River Canal State Park tow path plus a little over an hour at Tohikon Valley Park (Stover, High Rocks) or whatever it is called nowadays. Plus some road to connect the two. Please correct if I did the bonus wrong.
This was actually a 2.5 hr ride but I was riding too slow up the hills and my Garmin screwed me. Tohikon was not as muddy as I suspected but I think every trail in the park has a major tree down forcing one to get off their bike multiple times.

View from High Rocks
IMG_8952.jpg

The Canal
IMG_8960.jpg

Time: 2:05
Bonus: 1:00??
Total time 3:05
https://www.strava.com/activities/2177678729

I think this counts as two parks? About 50mins on the Delaware River Canal State Park tow path plus a little over an hour at Tohikon Valley Park (Stover, High Rocks) or whatever it is called nowadays. Plus some road to connect the two. Please correct if I did the bonus wrong.
This was actually a 2.5 hr ride but I was riding too slow up the hills and my Garmin screwed me. Tohikon was not as muddy as I suspected but I think every trail in the park has a major tree down forcing one to get off their bike multiple times.

View from High Rocks
View attachment 88721
The Canal
View attachment 88722

Yes that's right - 1 hr bonus. Nice job!

BIYF

Ride Time: 1:50
Bonus: froze
Total Time: 1:50

Enter Strava Link Here: HATR CREW

Enter Pictures/Story Here:

Had to stop 25 minutes in at my favorite Exxon station at the base of the ridge with frozen fingers for a hot cup of tea. A cold north wind with the 29F degrees was too much for the insulated work gloves. 10 minutes and 80 cents worth of handwarmers later, I was back on the road. While I was there, I was thinking that @jimvreeland can't exactly do this in AK.

On the plus side, the mud on the ridge had frozen nicely.

Cleaned up some branches and one big deadfall on HELLO KITTY. Also found a gigantic tree down on top of the entire boulder garden on Train Simulator. The latter is going to be a problem.

BILY BUFY IMG_20190225_113451-01.jpg

This is a bar up the block from my friend's old company (Big Daddy Records). Lots of good memories...

Last edited:
Ride Time: 1:54
Bonus: 1:00?
Total Time: 2:54

Link: https://www.strava.com/activities/2177941795

I wasn't feeling it today. I commuted home and figured I would try to get multiple parks. The trails are all underwater and it would be irresponsible to ride in the woods, so I tried to get an hour in multiple parks and I got through 6 parks with over an hour in total for all of the parks. I would assume it counts as the park challenge.
1. Echo Lake Park
2. Lenape Park
3. Nomahegan Park
4. Back into Lenape Park
5. Black Brook Park
6. Galloping Hill Golf Course
7. Hollywood Memorial Park.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55dc.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55dd.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55da.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55db.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_55d9.jpg

Total Time: 2:54

Link: https://www.strava.com/activities/2177941795

I wasn't feeling it today. I commuted home and figured I would try to get multiple parks. The trails are all underwater and it would be irresponsible to ride in the woods, so I tried to get an hour in multiple parks and I got through 6 parks with over an hour in total for all of the parks. I would assume it counts as the park challenge.
1. Echo Lake Park
2. Lenape Park
3. Nomahegan Park
4. Back into Lenape Park
5. Black Brook Park
7. Hollywood Memorial Park.

View attachment 88756
View attachment 88757

View attachment 88758
View attachment 88759

View attachment 88760
Need half an hour in each park.

02/26/19
15.53 miles
Moving Time: 1:41:11
Strava linkage: https://www.strava.com/activities/2177236198

Had some time to kill in my work day today, jumped on the SS and headed from home to Hartshorne. Little slick but wow the place remains a rutted mess and is in need of a lot of love. Park Ranger drove up Cuesta Ridge and rutted the sides off the trail. Common sense is not to common. Rode with my buddy Pat who is also the same age as my Dad, lol, the jokes do not stop. Pat is one of my longest standing riding partners. He's local, has a flexible schedule and a cool passion for cycling. He also rode bikes when the dinosaurs were probably in the woods.

Everyone have a great rest of your week. I'm headed to the Retired Citizen State for 8 days, Florida. Gonna see the Mouse and do some redneck shit with my frends.

-Jordon

02/26/19
15.53 miles
Moving Time: 1:41:11
Strava linkage: https://www.strava.com/activities/2177236198

Had some time to kill in my work day today, jumped on the SS and headed from home to Hartshorne. Little slick but wow the place remains a rutted mess and is in need of a lot of love. Park Ranger drove up Cuesta Ridge and rutted the sides off the trail. Common sense is not to common. Rode with my buddy Pat who is also the same age as my Dad, lol, the jokes do not stop. Pat is one of my longest standing riding partners. He's local, has a flexible schedule and a cool passion for cycling. He also rode bikes when the dinosaurs were probably in the woods.

Everyone have a great rest of your week. I'm headed to the Retired Citizen State for 8 days, Florida. Gonna see the Mouse and do some redneck shit with my frends.

-Jordon

take a breather and make sure to coal roal @rick81721 while your there, bonus if you do! :)30)

I commuted home and figured I would try to get multiple parks. The trails are all underwater and it would be irresponsible to ride in the woods, so I tried to get an hour in multiple parks and I got through 6 parks with over an hour in total for all of the parks. I would assume it counts as the park challenge.
1. Echo Lake Park
2. Lenape Park
3. Nomahegan Park
4. Back into Lenape Park
5. Black Brook Park

RTFM-no bonus for you, nice try at stalking me 2 days later

Last edited:
2/27
2:05
+0:20 Lights
2:25 Total

Mr. The King

Coming up the first hill this morning, I adjusted my headlight and it broke off in my hand. 60 seconds of effin' with it had my fingers cold, and me convinced it would not be a roadside repair. Luckily I was close, so I went back and rigged up Plan B. Off I go again for an otherwise unremarkable ride. I will say I always seem to have a much better outlook on life those mornings when I can get a predawn-patrol spin in. Ride on!

Back
Top Bottom