**The Official Fred-ish Thread**

Solid intell
I've read on the interwebz of people throwing on Costco cargos on top of road shorts, thoughts?
Also is there a height restriction above the knee cap for shorts. Notice differences in drop heights
View attachment 93771
So there are two factors, one the bike feel when riding and hanging out in the parking lot.

Take into account, where ever they fall while standing, it will be shorter when you are riding, so this is where some of the club ride shorts feel too short as they are above my road kit tan line, which is OMG EMBARRASSING territory. I find that at the knee cap, or just below (like Fred, with the red shorts (his name is fred, lol)) with put them just above the knee when riding, which is perfect IMO. That being said, they can look kinda goofy when you hanging out in the lot. The ones I have on are fox rangers, which are around knee height, with my knee bent, you can see they are just above the knee, perfect.

Lyrca bibs as a liner for baggies is acceptable, however:
It can be hot in summer
Looks goofy if the bottom of the liner short sticks out of baggies while riding
I find that the lycra fabric rubs against the baggies in a funny way and can cause some comfort issues.

I never knew fashion police was actually a thing. Even more bizarre realizing strict fashion rules are enforced in the MTBers community! Who would have thunk it!

There are no strict fashion rules. It more like, Hey, this is how not to look like a tool.

No, M&D's was solely the Bachardy family.

Yup, Mark and Dad! I played football on the Pioneers with Mark. Dudeman had the sickest Elf. I thought his Dad worked at Pete's prior? Am I wrong? It’s been a long time. I wonder what’s going to happen with the spot now that there is a down town renovation agenda. Would make for a cool Coffee spot.

05CE3853-0B68-4368-BE50-9811428AFA95.jpeg

Last edited:
Admittedly, this is kinda hard. I transitioned to baggies over the last two years for the mtb. I personally think that 3-pocket jerseys look / feel weird with baggies, as you have that elastic around the waist. However the downside of just a t-shirt style is lack of pockets. I do have bib liners with pockets, but it is another expenses, but I am close to buying a second pair.

Even the t-shirt style ones have varying fits, in Dakine, I need to size down but with Sombrio, I am my normal medium. You kinda just have to try stuff out.

Even with baggies, you have the bro baggies, like Dakine's and then ones like Club Ride, that have models that almost look like loose spandex. I origianlly started with the tighter cut baggies but now have pretty much gone full broduro.

The struggle is real.
A fanny pack fixes all your problems.

where some of the club ride shorts feel too short as they are above my road kit tan line, which is OMG EMBARRASSING territory.

Not as bad as long baggies all summer and then bibs during cross. Tan on the bottom, white stripe above the knee, then bibs.

Of course we know that's worse with me as I wear 5" inseam bib shorts as that's apparently what I found on sale.

Tools, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder;)

Based on your stipulation , (impersonal) you can define an entire set of rules intended to determine what is and what isn't proper cycling attire but those rules only apply to the beholder (again, impersonal you) and not to the actual cyclist wearing the supposedly 'offensive' outfit. Doesn't that mean that what is to be determined is if the beholder is a tool?

Baffling!

puts hip hydration pack away, and gets traditional camel back out.... #lastMinuteSave!

@stb222 which liners you running? ive heard good things about the PI and theblackbibs.
I have the sombrio bib liners that have pockets, they are really good, but expensive. I also have some rei ones that were on sale for $15, for $15 they good.

I have heard good things about the specialized swat ones and will peep the blackbibs ones.
Fannypack no, Camelbak yes.
---------yes---------------------------------no-------------------
View attachment 93774
Meh to camelbacks, not opposed them, just so hot in the summer. But nothing compares for long rides.

I tried the Fanny pack thing, I just didn’t like it bouncing around.

Back
Top Bottom