The Indoor Cyclist's support thread

Stage 5 TDZ
PR ed the Innsbruck climb forward.
1706230468268.jpg
Screenshot_20240126-080531.jpg

Somehow Zwift news sent Peloton stock even further into the dumpster...

I was thinking with the Zwift Hub they were doing pretty well but I guess its just a reflection of the overall market in general.

why aren't they buying/being purchased by iFit?
why aren't they adding in elliptical ? (elliptigo)
Did they ever do the rowing machines?
Probably should merge with the reality/augmented reality stuff - i'd rather ride through Copenhagen on a nice day, occasionally.
pop-up workouts ? cheaper than spin class, for those rainy days when you don't have a subscription.
in-game advertising? in-game music integration (ie SXM!)

just new 'worlds' isn't going to do it.

To me their primary focus is on racing and training for races. This is kinda limiting their potential customer base.
It would be nice if they had more alternatives for home fitness enthusiast. They have running and people have been asking for rowing for a while now. It’s a very good platform that has tons of potential to be even better

Fitness trends are always volatile and now you have the post-Covid crash. Zwift's market share growth potential just seems very limited. You either need a really expensive stationary bike or a bike plus a somewhat expensive trainer to fully utilize the service. If they can make the Zwift Hub with a year of Zwift for $600, I don't see why they can't add some cheap tubular steel and a pair of cranks to make a full bike for not much more $s. It would still be a mindset thing. Zwift is basically the domain of what most people would consider hardcore cyclists.

Peloton had it right in the beginning. Use sex and money to sell (remember those initial ads!) and market it to the huge gym crowd.

You either need a really expensive stationary bike or a bike plus a somewhat expensive trainer to fully utilize the service.
id say you can actually use Zwift pretty cheap with a basic wheel on trainer, speed/cadence sensors and AppleTV. I ran it that way for 7+ years and in the early days just would have a spare wheel to swap out. The only difference now is I have a dedicated trainer beater bike I bought for $150, and I got an older Magnus wheel on smart trainer on a trade with a friend. so the last year I can do more realistic riding with the terrain changes.

I don't really do many events or races, but I can see the hardcore base of users is really into the virtual races etc...

why aren't they buying/being purchased by iFit?
why aren't they adding in elliptical ? (elliptigo)
Did they ever do the rowing machines?
Probably should merge with the reality/augmented reality stuff - i'd rather ride through Copenhagen on a nice day, occasionally.
pop-up workouts ? cheaper than spin class, for those rainy days when you don't have a subscription.
in-game advertising? in-game music integration (ie SXM!)

just new 'worlds' isn't going to do it.
The problem is the investors are the customers.

I'm willing to bet Zwift financially would be doing better if they had 1/10 their staff and didn't have to pay the investors back for fast growth. It's a video game that gets incremental upgrades.

I have been using these hedge hog things for a couple of weeks now. Pretty interesting. Took a few rides to get used to them bunt they add a bit of float and comfort. I never get out of the saddle so I can’t comment on how they work for standing sprints but they are pretty stable.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

I have been using these hedge hog things for a couple of weeks now. Pretty interesting. Took a few rides to get used to them bunt they add a bit of float and comfort. I never get out of the saddle so I can’t comment on how they work for standing sprints but they are pretty stable.
View attachment 232860
Not sure if you’re on any of the zwift
groups or forums but this trend seems to have taken off about these things as opposed to buying or building a “rocker plate”

I always wanted to build one but my bike is only in a semi permanent spot and a rocker plate would take up too much room.

Probably about 2 years ago I came up with this idea just to take the edge off and give me a little flexibility.

Yoga pads 2 pack for 5.99 from Walmart IIRC. Flat on both sides I have 2 stacked on the back and one under each leg to give me a little more flex than just one under each.

Those exercise ball things make me wonder how much bounce you are getting vs side to side flex or lean but I’d be more worried if I am trying to do a hard effort of tipping over because I am a spaz.

IMG_4627.jpeg

Not sure if you’re on any of the zwift
groups or forums but this trend seems to have taken off about these things as opposed to buying or building a “rocker plate”

I always wanted to build one but my bike is only in a semi permanent spot and a rocker plate would take up too much room.

Probably about 2 years ago I came up with this idea just to take the edge off and give me a little flexibility.

Yoga pads 2 pack for 5.99 from Walmart IIRC. Flat on both sides I have 2 stacked on the back and one under each leg to give me a little more flex than just one under each.

Those exercise ball things make me wonder how much bounce you are getting vs side to side flex or lean but I’d be more worried if I am trying to do a hard effort of tipping over because I am a spaz.

View attachment 232863
Yes, I was interested in trying a rocker plate and started seeing people talk about these so I gave them a shot. Under $25 was a small investment and so far so good. It was a little strange at first but now I don’t notice them. I have them pumped pretty firm and they have been very stable so far. I definitely notice an improvement in comfort. That little bit of movement helps

Muscle Tension is an effort between the bike and gym. Or sometimes as a warm-up for the gym. Low cadence, big gear. Like climbing a single speed seated. Starts on the Track, etc…They really help with putting out constant power.
Before I got Apple TV I would be able to find these extra workouts and add them to zwift.

It seems the custom ones migrated over but I haven’t been able to figure out had to add in new ones.

I do this tension workout periodically for the strength training type of workout compared to wreck yourself with high HR workouts.

This isn’t that hard of a workout but you sure feel it after - in a good way.

Before I got Apple TV I would be able to find these extra workouts and add them to zwift.

It seems the custom ones migrated over but I haven’t been able to figure out had to add in new ones.

I do this tension workout periodically for the strength training type of workout compared to wreck yourself with high HR workouts.

This isn’t that hard of a workout but you sure feel it after - in a good way.
@iman29 Ian you can only make custom workouts on certain devices for Zwift...once made they can be used anywhere because they are in your account. For example, I do all of my zwift rides off of an iPad mini (thing is like 11 years old). For some reason, it is baller for running my workouts mirrored on Apple TV (but my MacBook Pro stinks at running the rides). But the iPad mini is not compatible for creating custom workouts, so I create them on my laptop in the app, and ride them from my iPad.

Does that make sense? May be that your computer not compatible to build the workouts ?

Back
Top Bottom