The Indoor Cyclist's support thread

strava doesnt overwrite my power data from garmin connect, sounds like a you issue.

Probably is, Strava hates me. I only use it to upload for SRAM tests anyway, I have all of my actual stuff in Garmin Connect. Except the Karoo Programmers won’t allow Garmin Sync direct from the device. So have a meeting with them later in the week so I’ll see where the issue is coming from.

Another zwift race last night.
This was a tough one.
Sorta felt flat couldn't muster any power
45/60
Screenshot_20231207-073331.png
Screenshot_20231207-073349.png

Cadence sensor isn’t twerking correctly in Zwift on Apple TV 4K. Works fine with Zwift on iPad and Garmin Edge 830 (not at the same time, obviously).

Apple TV 4K setup is as follows.

-All software updates are current. iPhone 15 Pro with Companion App.

-Older Kicker, Garmin cadence sensor (new, BT and Ant+), Wahoo TickR chest strap HRM, all connected thru companion app.
Cadence either drops continuously, or reads between 60 and 65rpm, when clearly should be 85-100.

If I just run the Zwift App on the iPad, everything works fine, but you can’t connect the companion app on the phone afaik.

Cadence sensor isn’t twerking correctly in Zwift on Apple TV 4K. Works fine with Zwift on iPad and Garmin Edge 830 (not at the same time, obviously).

Apple TV 4K setup is as follows.

-All software updates are current. iPhone 15 Pro with Companion App.

-Older Kicker, Garmin cadence sensor (new, BT and Ant+), Wahoo TickR chest strap HRM, all connected thru companion app.
Cadence either drops continuously, or reads between 60 and 65rpm, when clearly should be 85-100.

If I just run the Zwift App on the iPad, everything works fine, but you can’t connect the companion app on the phone afaik.
@MadisonDan I've been having the same cadence issues on Zwift the last few rides. Wonder if it has happened since the new game updates a couple weeks ago. It was fine prior to the latest changes, but currently showing 55-60 rpm when it should be 90-100 for me...

Hi. Does anyone have a zwift free month trial code? Last year I got one to persuade me to sign up again but I really come back once a year just to do the tour de zwift.

Does anyone have experience using a rocker plate with their trainer?

i saw a commercial for a new one, vs the tennis ball versions.

----

does zwift have people with noisy bikes?
i'm rolling along thinking it was my fan, then the bike, then realized it was in the background noise.

Put on a workout, warmed up did a short effort and realized i didn't drink and eat enough today. Aborted the ride. If you can't go hard, no reason for a half assed effort

Last edited:
I'm using an older setup with Zwift, Kurt Kinetic Rock n Roll which is great as you aren't planted on the ground and feels a little more interesting while stuck inside. Last year the app wasn't finding the sensor and since the company is near death, got no support. So instead bought a new sensor thinking it would do the trick. Unfortunately no, so I'm instead using a Lenzyne speed sensor on the rear wheel.

During today's session, at times with high watt requirements it doesn't seem to read watts consistently. Is there something I need to adjust or configure?

Does anyone have experience using a rocker plate with their trainer?
I'm on my 2nd cheap version. To me it really makes indoor riding much better with movement. First was just under rear of bike/trainer with tennis balls. Newer version is full plate, with wheelbarrow tubes, (about to add linear bearing rail for forward n back movement.)

Attachments

• 20240124_210628.jpg
    20240124_210628.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 47
I'm on my 2nd cheap version. To me it really makes indoor riding much better with movement. First was just under rear of bike/trainer with tennis balls. Newer version is full plate, with wheelbarrow tubes, (about to add linear bearing rail for forward n back movement.)
I have been trying to decide if I want go with one. Pretty pricey to buy and have been looking at DIY options. I am not usually on the trainer for more than an hour at a time so I am not sure it is worth it

I think I still have the old version in the garage if you want to try it. I'll look in case anyone wants to try it.

Back
Top Bottom