The Good Deals Thread

How are they below freezing? Are these w/ a base layer enough?

At that point I'll usually wear my gore bib tights but I'm always afraid I will wreck them in the woods.

They're not specifically cold weather pants, so I think they'd probably be pretty chilly in those temps without a substantial layer underneath. For me they work well in fall/early spring, but I'm also someone who doesn't understand how anyone wears pants for riding in the summer.

They're not specifically cold weather pants, so I think they'd probably be pretty chilly in those temps without a substantial layer underneath. For me they work well in fall/early spring, but I'm also someone who doesn't understand how anyone wears pants for riding in the summer.

Thanks, for the price I will give them a try anyway. I usually don't dress too heavy in the cold anyway.

I spent way too long looking at gravel bikes over the winter and watching prices. Cheapest was Salsa Journeyer Apex 1 for $1600 or a Trek Checkpoint Apex 1 for $1800. Cheapest CF frame bike was Giant Revolt with GRX600/800 for $2700. I nearly messaged a guy last week with a Specialized Diverge on FB Marketplace. CF, Apex 1, and $2000. I would have offered $1800 and been very happy but the head tube shock seems gimmicky. I mean, with 40c tires at 40psi, why do I need a spring in the head tube?

ANYWAYS. I ordered an Intense gravel bike with Shimano GRX. I was torn between GRX and Apex and decided to sleep on it. Well, the GRX is nearly sold out as of today so I jumped on it.

If I hate it, I'll return it to Costco. But for $1600 after tax and free delivery, I'll give it a try. It's maybe a pound heavier than some more expensive bikes but it looks to be mostly in the wheelset and tires.

Thanks @Mare @Dictatorsaurus @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST for letting me annoy you all winter about this silliness.

Enjoy buddy. You got a sweet deal on a sick bike. Nice bonus accessories too.

The 2x 951 Gravel is no longer available. Sucks as i was thinking about getting that and doing away with my highly proprietary Revolt.

Update:

Got it set up, fitted to me, greased and torqued. The fit is very good, the drivetrain was perfectly adjusted. I didn't set up the wheels tubeless yet.

Maiden voyage: Smooth, fit is great, but It feels heavy on the climbs. Not sure if it's a heavy wheelset, draggy tires, or what. Glad I got the 2X.

Matte frames suck: if you wipe anything off the paint (some assembly grease) it turns that area to a glossy finish.

Update:

Got it set up, fitted to me, greased and torqued. The fit is very good, the drivetrain was perfectly adjusted. I didn't set up the wheels tubeless yet.

Maiden voyage: Smooth, fit is great, but It feels heavy on the climbs. Not sure if it's a heavy wheelset, draggy tires, or what. Glad I got the 2X.

Matte frames suck: if you wipe anything off the paint (some assembly grease) it turns that area to a glossy finish.
How them panel gaps?

Update:

Having recently started eff'ing with "bigger" tires, 32-35 lol, the "gravel" tires have a crap ton of rolling resistance and it seems to be felt the most on the climbs.

Last edited:
Having recently started eff'ing with "bigger" tires, 32-35 lol, the "gravel" tires have a crap ton of rolling resistance and it seems to be felt the most on the climbs.

I've been happy with the Panaracer Gravel Kings (not the knobby type). I run the 32s on my Mr Pink around 45psi

Costco ships their stuff really fast. I ordered gold bars from them and they arrived from the west coast in just 2 days.
I always want to do this but then decide against it. It's a shame we still get taxed on commodities in this state. Tough to buy gold/silver and be down almost 7% from the start.

Back
Top Bottom