The death of the 26" bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting.... i wonder what the percentage is of 29er hardtails VS 26er hardtails available???

In other words... do 29ers make up 10%, 20%, 30% of the potential market?

On our local trails in Central NJ we find that more people than not prefer a $1000 29er hardtail to a $1000 26" wheeled full sus in nearly every case. $1000 is a solid ceiling height for most beginner riders.

Height is the biggest deciding force. 5'-6" is usually the split between 26 / 29.

i am 6'3, i had 2 26" bikes, a connondale prophet size XL and trek fuel ex7 size L, now i own a specialized stumpjumper FSR 29er, i will never go back to 26" and i do agree that size of the wheel should be sized according to riders height not just by frame size, i think anyone under 5'9 should be fine with a 26" anyone above should not even consider a 26" bike, mainly due to center of gravity, if your tall as shit and your sitting on some clown sized wheels your going to be way too top heavy and take many handle flips, throw on some bigger wheels to balance you out and your ride becomes so much more confident.
Anyone 5'9 and taller, if you are not on a 29er you are depriving your self of the comfort and confidence that comes along with the bigger wheels, try one and you will not go back.

i am 6'3, i had 2 26" bikes, a connondale prophet size XL and trek fuel ex7 size L, now i own a specialized stumpjumper FSR 29er, i will never go back to 26" and i do agree that size of the wheel should be sized according to riders height not just by frame size, i think anyone under 5'9 should be fine with a 26" anyone above should not even consider a 26" bike, mainly due to center of gravity, if your tall as shit and your sitting on some clown sized wheels your going to be way too top heavy and take many handle flips, throw on some bigger wheels to balance you out and your ride becomes so much more confident.
Anyone 5'9 and taller, if you are not on a 29er you are depriving your self of the comfort and confidence that comes along with the bigger wheels, try one and you will not go back.

i'm not sure if 29er has "better" center of gravity but it can heal cancer for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom