Strictly METAL

enjoyed that. understand metal guitar. how does one percussionist/drummer do that?

Just saw this! Um, metal drummers are a different breed of people, hands and feet flying everywhere, but with the gracefulness of a ballet dancer. (for the most part).

Anyone heading out to see Cannibal Corpse and Suicide Silence next Thursday? They'll be at Starland. I saw CC last year but haven't seen SS with the new singer...

Jim.

Anyone heading out to see Cannibal Corpse and Suicide Silence next Thursday? They'll be at Starland. I saw CC last year but haven't seen SS with the new singer...

Jim.

I had hoped to go, but doesnt look like it will work out. Week night shows suck balls when you have to get up at 4 am. boooooooo..................

my kid is a head banger and i am ok with that, yeah he has grown up. I am glad he grew rapidly out of that dub step crap. I have always been open minded with music, hell in the same year 1980 IIRC I saw 2 shows of maiden/priest while following the dead from Niagara to Fairfax,Va in that same year. So what I am saying is the metal scene seems to still be thriving well unlike other rock n roll. I have been digging Cannibal Corpse and all but this band has captured my ear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruy_tFmMn6Y

yes not true banger material.

Excuse me that i dont know them as this genre hasn't been played around old fogies like me. Or did i just miss the boat. Anyhow digging some shit my kid is throwing at me.

Sidenote mayhem fest from camden has been playing all weekend on sirus liquid metal with interviews and all

Last edited:
I just listened to live Body Count at Mayhem on XM 40. Every time I hear Talk Shit, Get Shot I almost drive off the road laughing so hard. Watch the video on YouTube, it's even more hilarious. Rocked with the glock, dustit with the musket. Don't make me bring the gravity. Brilliant.

Many great shows coming up locally. Life of Agony, Overkill, Sick of it All, Kreator, Slayer. etc.

Anybody going anywhere? I'm in for Overkill and my wifes birthday show for Sick of it All. Kreator and Slayer if I can find a companion or 5.

Playing the Wellmont in Montclair, the Sands in Pa, and a show in Philly.
Alright Walter help me out boy and I want to go to slayer and the $52 GA seems sold out . So all that's left are rip off stubhubs and ticket monster. Is this my only resort. PM if you got a better answer.

Looks like there is still some $52 seats left up top. Why not those? My friend just saw Ted Nudgent there, he said it was super loud.

PS- I nenver got tickets for the Slayer show, didnt realize it was Thanksgiving weekend and I may be away with the fam.

Last edited:
New At the Gates."The Book of Sand (the abomination)"
Best death metal song of the decade.
I have my tube amp and monitors cranked up with this song on repeat.

I have been hearing great things about this album, may have to check it out. Also, Obituary came out last week with their first new stuff in over 5 years. Heard good things about that, too.

Being (apparently) a Luddite when it comes to music and how I consume it, I'll be picking this up on Compact Disc this weekend. :rolleyes:

Fists will be flying in my car on the way to work Monday.

wow Chris. I don't even own a cd player, not even in my computer. But I do have a record player. ha.

Back
Top Bottom