Strictly METAL

walter

Fourth Party
on Lukes suggestion, I picked up At the Gates' new cd last night, had the chance to get the whole cd in on my ride home from vintage vinyl and other stops. Really good stuff, I like it a ton. I also picked up the new Exodus which is surprisingly really good, as well. Havent heard the whole thing yet, but its damn catchy.

rick81721

Lothar
Not exactly new news but I just snagged a few Devil you Know tracks from their debut album (came out in april) from iTunes. Big fan of Howard Jones - one of my favorite metal vocalists (previously from Killswitch Engage) and glad to hear he's back in a big way. Check out tracks "Seven Years Alone" and "Crawl from the Dark" - awesome!

walter

Fourth Party
Not entirely metal, really, but is anyone else going to be spending a romantic Valentine's Day at starland ballroom for Etown, vod, and indecision? Me and Mrs. Walter will be there, necking on one of the sofas.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Will be there, E-Town is one of my all-time favorite bands!! We used to play with them back in the day all the time.

walter

Fourth Party
I feel the same way about Indecision, and since I've never seen them live, I'm pretty excited. We are going early to catch Razorblade Handgrenade, the wife digs them.

walter

Fourth Party
Testament and Exodus at Starland Ballroom on April 17th, D.R.I. and The Casualties at the end of May. :getsome:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Testament will only be playing music off their first 3 albums, as per the tour poster
I'm not sure I bought anything past the 2nd one, so this works for me.

The first time I saw Testament was at Mingles, when they were touring The Legacy. That afternoon I'd talked to them while I was at work in Brunswick Square Mall, haha.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Low is their best overall album IMO, if you don't have it, check it out!! The first couple albums they were still kids and didn't really have the poop together yet. Having said that, there was a 2 or 3 year period in High School that I had New Order on repeat. And it's also sick that Alex is back in the band!!

walter

Fourth Party
Anyone going to starland tonight? I checked out both Testaments and Exodus' set list. Gonna be good times.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
It's been on my mind for a while to resurrect this discussion. Well, it's 2019, and in the nearly 4 years since we last got together here, I've continued to consume new music pertinent to this thread. I'm gonna try to put stuff up here once a week, be it something new that I'm digging, or a piece of the past that still matters to me.

So, to kick off: I've long been aware of Skeletonwitch, but they always left me kind of cold. I know they developed a pretty dedicated following through their first several releases, but in the last few years they changed vocalists and apparently took their songwriting into all kinds of new places on Devouring Radiant Light. This is definitely one of my favorite things to come out in 2018.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Haha when I saw the title of this thread I thought it was a response to Max's woodworking discussion, and this would be about metal fabrication. I like this better!

rick81721

Lothar
I think I posted this elsewhere 6 months ago but I've gotten into Ghost recently. By chance I heard their song "Faith" on the cable tv metal station while painting:

They are basically a one man band - Tobias Forge played all the instruments on the first few albums, then hires anonymous musicians for live shows. With everyone in masks no one even knew who he was for years until a lawsuit forced his identiry public. Anywho, I wanted to catch them live in philly last december but couldn't swing it. Def this year

Top Bottom