SSAP 2011 Recaps

Whoa, I think I just made a connection. Did you do the NYC Century last year? I skimmed your long write up and saw some of your others. Here is a picture I took:

10133_131859623214_501378214_2443339_2805949_n.jpg

No, that's David Stone. I did it the year before last.

Yeah that dude was directly behind me. I wasn't sure if he was talking to me directly but he could have been. I was feeling pretty rambunctious at this point. And his callout was justifiable.

I'm sure I have met you but am having a hard time putting the screen name to the face :hmmm:

Great job by the way and write up.

I was the guy covered in mud ... :D

I was in all black with a white helmet and white glasses -- black Swobo jersey, completely black bike.

Nice recaps

I've been reading with interest all the recaps of this race. They are very good. I wish I could have been there (there's always next year:)) I'm having a tough time recovering from a couple of injuries and reading these refreshed me the feelings of race day and motivated me to keep on working to back in the game.

Thanks for that, Luke really is dedicated out there and I thank you both for keeping it real for us...

I had 4 highlights during the race....

* the portion of the prologue on the dry gravel road
* the two gravel road climbs on the dry gravel road
* the 1/4 mile sprint on the dry gravel road to the end.

everything else was....ehhh.

I dont like mud...at all.

but aside from the race, I very much enjoyed the post-race activities, nice Terrapin IPA, talked with a bunch of really nice folks (most of which are on this board....good to see y'all), met some new folks, got a nice DH40 beer glass (why didnt I get this last August?)

signed up for the DH40 again. good times.

good job MTBNJ team !!!

spotted this in the internet:

"checked the times of the mtbnj group at single speed apalooza and they all improved big time this year. Most of them got the podium, their lowest was 10th place, South group. One of their guys got 4th place in the south group with incredible time. Hopefully these guys are not in my age group on the H2H.lol But I'm sure not in yours, these are bunch of guys about my age I think.

Back
Top Bottom