skiing/snowboarding (downhill)

Mt Creek over the weekend. Had some fun with fam and friends but the weekends are absolutely crazy over there. Lift lines weren't bad at Vernon or Granite but it's kind of like skiing in midtown traffic.

South is brutal. The features are great and really well set up but the "scene" is idiotic. It's basically an open bar with yahoos yelling send it and smoking butts. And the litter is something l'll never understand. Who raised these people?? The Trashheap?

As seen on the Granite lift line.....Id take these two all day over "riders" at South.
20180121_112036.jpg

im headed to hunter on feb 8th. doesnt seem to make sense to go to the poconos. itll still be a pretty brutal day trip to go up and back. hopefully the better terrain is worth it. its a real bummer i cant get out more.

Mt Creek over the weekend. Had some fun with fam and friends but the weekends are absolutely crazy over there. Lift lines weren't bad at Vernon or Granite but it's kind of like skiing in midtown traffic.

South is brutal. The features are great and really well set up but the "scene" is idiotic. It's basically an open bar with yahoos yelling send it and smoking butts. And the litter is something l'll never understand. Who raised these people?? The Trashheap?

As seen on the Granite lift line.....Id take these two all day over "riders" at South.
Sounds about right...Add in the terrain is awful and boring, the conditions always suck and its terribly overpriced...The fact that Mt Creek is more expensive then Belleayre always cracks me up.

With regards to PA vs NY....Mostly I would lean to Belleayre over anything of equivalent driving time in PA...but I think Elk mountain is at least on par with Belleayre and Hunter tho...

im headed to hunter on feb 8th. doesnt seem to make sense to go to the poconos. itll still be a pretty brutal day trip to go up and back. hopefully the better terrain is worth it. its a real bummer i cant get out more.

It's really not that bad of a drive and yes better skiing then the Poconos. Check out REI for Hunter discount tickets....wk day is 49.99. For those that don't know....

https://www.rei.com/c/lift-tickets?...nsylvania&origin=web&ir=category:lift-tickets

Once you start skiing with kids you need to bite the bullet and ski boring terrain as painful as it is.
I took my son to campgaw on Saturday...WAY better than Mt Creek imo...Less of a shit show, prices arent outrageous...granted hes only 3 so were not doing anything past the magic carpet yet...but didnt have to worry about an army of drunks running him over.

Plattekill is the best skiing around if you want to avoid lift lines on the weekends. But, you have to enjoy steep ungroomed terrain.

Belleayre for skiing with young kids is nice because the lower half of the mountain is all beginner terrain. Not sure what kind of shitshow it will be now that they added a gondola down there.

Discount tickets are available at Potter Brothers ski shop off of exit 19 for all the Catskill ski areas.

Sounds about right...Add in the terrain is awful and boring, the conditions always suck and its terribly overpriced...The fact that Mt Creek is more expensive then Belleayre always cracks me up.

With regards to PA vs NY....Mostly I would lean to Belleayre over anything of equivalent driving time in PA...but I think Elk mountain is at least on par with Belleayre and Hunter tho...
I bought half a dozen 3 plays for $80 when they went for sale. Go one more time and it's paid off.

View attachment 62445

Haha we were there on Sunday. I kinda like the new features on South but I get what you mean. Nobody looking out for anyone else. Plan to make a hit?, you better land clean or some ass will plow into you. Reminded me of Hellgate in the 90s.

And what's with the lack of filters nowadays. Can't anyone watch their f bombs and talk about sex, drugs and drinking when they see kids on a lift with them. Maybe I'm just old and crotchety

If you go there with your kid, stay at the Scribner. It's never cheap, but the the grotto pool its a hit with the little ones afterwards.

I haven't been to Creek in years and it sounds like it's the same shit. I went one time mid-week and it wasn't bad at all save for the shear ice conditions.

Last time I was at Creek I was with my oldest and at the time I think he was 11 or 12. We were at South to ride the park (like you said they do a good job setting up the features). Some kid came into my line after "sending it" off an edge where the trail elevation changes (not even a feature). The only option I had was to grab him and slide out. He gets up all tough and said to "get the fuck away" I give him a look and yell at him to learn how to ride - at 215 bone dry I would have flattened him if I kept my line. My son and I see hhim down at the lift line lighting up a cig - little piece of shit.

I hate MC. The gondola takes forever and a lot of people like rest in the middle of trails.
The worst part of MC is that no one working there gives two shits. Shawnee was open 3 weeks after MC closed for the season last year. Everyone one there just waits for the spring thaw to close shop. Last weekend, the trail to the gondola is going brown while the features are like 20 ft high, what the hell you doin?

Elk is pretty good....except for the lifts. I'll admit I haven't been there in 2 years but that was the reason. Have they put in a detachable high speed lift yet?

Other than Elk, Blue Mountain is the best in Eastern PA. No comparison to Camelback or anything else in the Poconos.

Other than Elk, Blue Mountain is the best in Eastern PA. No comparison to Camelback or anything else in the Poconos.
This is my first season pass at Blue and prior to that was 3 seasons at CB. To be honest, I like the snow grooming better at CB. I just don't remember as many ice patches there compared to Blue.

This is my first season pass at Blue and prior to that was 3 seasons at CB. To be honest, I like the snow grooming better at CB. I just don't remember as many ice patches there compared to Blue.

Blue has some magic ability to turn everything into ice chunks.

Blue has some magic ability to turn everything into ice chunks.

Interesting. Maybe I have just been to Camelback on bad days. I haven't skied Camelback this year yet but I can't imagine the recent weather has been kind to them, either.

After latest weather, snow should be shitty this week.

Who needs snow

<iframe width="1366" height="768" src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyone ever ski Quebec that can offer some suggestion where to go? Thinking about a trip for Easter which falls very early this year (4/1).

TIA!

Back
Top Bottom