skiing/snowboarding (downhill)

Gnick

looking to do some snowboarding within the next month in NY or VT. I'll likely get to camelback or mountain creek for a day sometime as well, but i've really been wanting to get back up to vermont. I'm headed out west to Wyoming at the end of Feb and need to get some warmup laps in.

anyone have any plans? i used to stay at this place called turn of the river lodge in VT which was cheap and a good place to start from.

I'll be skiing at Blue Mountain in PA several times in the next couple months. I have a weekday only (M-T) pass. I'm headed up to VT (Okemo) with my in-laws at the end of February.

I have not been out West in years :(

However, on Fridays you can find us skiing with the rest of losers at Hunter NY.

I just got back from northern VT, and the weather here is balmy compared to what I just experienced up there over the last week. The snow conditions are a good, the temps were dangerous, and they can use a couple of big dumps to really make things amazing. I would follow this guys blog as you plan your trips, his day job is a meteorologist for the commodities market, but skiing is his passion:

http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/

I ski with the fam each weekend at Shawnee. Unless you have young kids or you're a beginner I wouldn't suggest it although, they've moved and redesigned the terrain park for this year so that's fresh. They're 100 percent open for the first time in several years thanks to this cold weather we've been enjoying.

Did a day at Hunter on 12/22 with my older son. They weren't totally open yet and had some wind holds on the upper mountain but still fun watching my son fly pass me on a bigger mountain.

Going to Sugarbush over MLK weekend and the forecast is looking promising......

1514997956452.png

Heading Back to Baldface in BC in MArch after I had to skip my trip last year whenI broke my leg in January. I have family at Stowe and Jay peak so that's where I tend to go on the icecoast.

Last edited:
Plan to get about 30-40 days this season at Blue. May make a few day trips to Mt Snow.

One day I'll make it out west and see what everybody's raves so much about.

Reactions: Tim
I just got back from northern VT, and the weather here is balmy compared to what I just experienced up there over the last week. The snow conditions are a good, the temps were dangerous, and they can use a couple of big dumps to really make things amazing. I would follow this guys blog as you plan your trips, his day job is a meteorologist for the commodities market, but skiing is his passion:

http://madriverglenweather.blogspot.com/
yep - i follow him. its good stuff

I ski with the fam each weekend at Shawnee. Unless you have young kids or you're a beginner I wouldn't suggest it although, they've moved and redesigned the terrain park for this year so that's fresh. They're 100 percent open for the first time in several years thanks to this cold weather we've been enjoying.

Did a day at Hunter on 12/22 with my older son. They weren't totally open yet and had some wind holds on the upper mountain but still fun watching my son fly pass me on a bigger mountain.

Going to Sugarbush over MLK weekend and the forecast is looking promising......

View attachment 61387
ive got a 3 year old that i want to get started - so maybe this is a good spot for that?

been to sugarbush many times. I love it.

Plan to get about 30-40 days this season at Blue. May make a few day trips to Mt Snow.

30-40 days. thats excellent. do you have a season pass? i had 3-4years that I was able to do 30ish days, but those days are gone unfortunately.

Heading Back to Baldface in BC in MArch after I had to skip my trip last year whenI broke my leg in January. I have family at Stowe and Jay peak so that's where I tend to go on the icecoast.
never been to BC. Hopefully some day. I've spent most of my west time in wyoming and colorado.

where are you located? do you do those day trips alone? i know someone that might car pool with you ;)

I'll be skiing at Blue Mountain in PA several times in the next couple months. I have a weekday only (M-T) pass. I'm headed up to VT (Okemo) with my in-laws at the end of February.
do you take days off or do you night ski?

edit - i just realized that is kind of an ignorant statement. not everyone works a 9-5 monday thru friday.

Going out west is everything they say it is. But be warned, most years after going out west I never had any more desire to ski the east that season

Going out west is everything they say it is. But be warned, most years after going out west I never had any more desire to ski the east that season
yea i've felt that...im doing grand targhee this year. jackson hole last year. vail the year before. people living out there are lucky s.o.b;s

@Gnick I do have a season pass. I'm usually there 2-3 days a week during school hours.

As for day trips, yeah usually solo because nobody in my group wants to wake up at 3am to get there early.

Back
Top Bottom