Six Mile Time Trial Throwdown - Beat My Time

Time

Hey J congrats on your baby girl!!!!!

Yes the 29 is awesome, hard to describe in words how much better it feels, i bought this bike used in the meantime, i still have my eye on that med scalpel 2 at your shop.

Joe

Here is mine entry: http://app.strava.com/rides/17056595 1:35:49

Ok, I am sure someone else asked, But 100 pages long I am beening Lazy. I have 3 questions about the loop.

1. Official Start/Finish
a. At the trail head in the parking lot on 27
b. At the log pile where you make the hard left
2. Road crossing
a. Stop timer
b. Do not stop timer
3. After the road crossing at the split
a. Go down blue
b. Go down red

I see that a lot of people do 13-14.5 miles on this loop so I am just want to lock in the exact spots.

Any bonus points for hitting tree-car- horse-hiker with photo proof?

Last edited:
Your path looks very similar http://connect.garmin.com/activity/39889926
but is 1 mile off :confused:
But since it takes me twice as long to do this loop (on my downhill bike :p ) I certainly am no expert.

As for your other questions, hopefully someone else will pipe in.
No points for photo proof of said crashes, but can we have them anyway ;)

Since this contest is over, I think we should have a new thread just to post times for the record. Strava is good but I dont know everyone by there real name. It would be nice to continue a TT thread where people can see there mtbnj rank.

regardless the new wonderful bridge the red trail is boring.

Most certainly.

I built this at the request of the Park reps.

There is plenty of singletrack potential in this area, I just need to get permission.

You would be surprised how much action this trail sees though. I personally would never go that way.

There is an MTBNJ club on strava (Luke is the only member right now)

this would seem useful for tt/kom if the results can be filtered by club (then the other sub-categories) - but i don't see that capability.

There is an MTBNJ club on strava (Luke is the only member right now)

this would seem useful for tt/kom if the results can be filtered by club (then the other sub-categories) - but i don't see that capability.

Strava is no good for this stuff.. You can cut corners and entire sections and Strava will still think its the section.

technical problem - guess it hasn't gotten any better. noticed some anomalies in the matching.

Wonder if they would create a Thumbs up/down to eliminate results from the leader boards.....or have a segment owner that has the ability to disallow (they should actually use that as a learning tool for the segment match)

it might be less work than submitting links on the forum and then tracking them...especially if they had a way to embed the results viewer.

as an aside, MMR no longer allows a workout export - only a track export. Same with Nike (although there is a backdoor way to do it) - so using the iphone/android apps other than strava (and maybe garmin) lock the data up.

thinking aloud in the forum again - i'll stop.

Strava is no good for this stuff.. You can cut corners and entire sections and Strava will still think its the section.

Amen. So there's a segment for the big loop at Hartshorne that I had the KOM on for like a year. All of the sudden some punk takes me out by like 12 minutes. I peeped the file and he cut out almost 3 miles of the loop and Strava still counted it as the segment, he even started and stopped in a different spot. It's nearly 100% useless off-road.

And at 6-Mile? Holy crap, there has to be at least 500 places to cut the trail. As an example, stay in the field on Blue, then stay along river coming back on the old red. You'll knock 15 minutes off your time and Strava will still give you the segment.

-Jim.

There is a button "Flag ride". I used it once to get rid a guy who cut whole white trail and pushed me from 3rd line on 6 Mile TT loop.

Yeah, as long as you roll through the start and finish, Strava considers it a match if you have a 75% overlap. So, for a century ride, you can cut up to 25 miles and still get a match, theoretically.

Has anyone used My Tracks that is available on Android? I don't use Strava but do use My Tracks and it seems to work well. You can input your ride on to Google Maps to see your path and send it to others.:popcorn:

Here's an example of the email:

I think you might be interested in this track:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=208257233385096350303.0004cc1c2d64eba874947

Created by My Tracks on Android.

Name: 137-157 Weldon Rd
Activity type: mountain biking
Description: September 17, 2012
Total distance: 12.80 km (8.0 mi)
Total time: 1:37:31
Moving time: 1:07:14
Average speed: 7.87 km/h (4.9 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 11.42 km/h (7.1 mi/h)
Max speed: 28.25 km/h (17.6 mi/h)
Average pace: 7.62 min/km (12.3 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 5.25 min/km (8.5 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 2.12 min/km (3.4 min/mi)
Max elevation: 382 m (1253 ft)
Min elevation: 276 m (906 ft)
Elevation gain: 646 m (2121 ft)
Max grade: 6 %
Min grade: -15 %
Recorded: 09/17/2012 4:54pm

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

Has anyone used My Tracks that is available on Android? I don't use Strava but do use My Tracks and it seems to work well. You can input your ride on to Google Maps to see your path and send it to others.:popcorn:

Here's an example of the email:

I think you might be interested in this track:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=208257233385096350303.0004cc1c2d64eba874947

Created by My Tracks on Android.

Name: 137-157 Weldon Rd
Activity type: mountain biking
Description: September 17, 2012
Total distance: 12.80 km (8.0 mi)
Total time: 1:37:31
Moving time: 1:07:14
Average speed: 7.87 km/h (4.9 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 11.42 km/h (7.1 mi/h)
Max speed: 28.25 km/h (17.6 mi/h)
Average pace: 7.62 min/km (12.3 min/mi)
Average moving pace: 5.25 min/km (8.5 min/mi)
Fastest pace: 2.12 min/km (3.4 min/mi)
Max elevation: 382 m (1253 ft)
Min elevation: 276 m (906 ft)
Elevation gain: 646 m (2121 ft)
Max grade: 6 %
Min grade: -15 %
Recorded: 09/17/2012 4:54pm

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 2

Is it me or is the elevation wacked. I know it usually is but 1200+ at six mile really?

Most certainly.

I built this at the request of the Park reps.

There is plenty of singletrack potential in this area, I just need to get permission.

You would be surprised how much action this trail sees though. I personally would never go that way.

Can we have details of this bridge? I recall seeing photos of it a couple of weeks ago, but on the normal loop I figured I would have ran into it.

EDIT: Found it via mtbnj

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom