Six Mile Time Trial Throwdown - Beat My Time

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
the suspense is killing me, so do these records still stand? In 2010, were you on 29ers yet?

This is one of the issues with Strava KOMs. The trail has changed a lot since this segment was made, but Strava will still count the originals even though the new route is a lot slower. Organizing it by year will give you a better picture of where the times sit in real life. I just do a different loop now so the segment is fresh.

Ian F

This is one of the issues with Strava KOMs. The trail has changed a lot since this segment was made, but Strava will still count the originals even though the new route is a lot slower. Organizing it by year will give you a better picture of where the times sit in real life. I just do a different loop now so the segment is fresh.

I think every year or three someone creates a new full-loop segment with a date that includes the most recent changes.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Ugh, two more classics. I remember @ArmyOfNone did Zion like 7 times in one ride or something
Zion TT Thread
Ahh the good ole days.

Here is the similar strava segment, where maurice still has the KOM by 2 seconds. Most of the people looks like they did it for the TT thread and not again (at least "going for it"). I improved my time slightly in 2015 shortly after I got my EVO. @pearl improved his time to 9:58, to put him between @Norm and @UtahJoe.

I am not sure if I knew it at the time, but roads with a climb and then a long drag or false flat at the top suit me very well.

@jimvreeland is correct though, strava segment matching is go through the start and finish and I think it is 75-80% of the segment. They have to do this because of GPS inaccuracy, especially in the woods. So 6 mile would have to change dramatically for it not to match the segment.

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hell even if the trail didnt change, strava is so screwy with single track in general. Just use the app, or a garmin 500...you will knock 10% off your time

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Zion TT Thread
Ahh the good ole days.

Here is the similar strava segment, where maurice still has the KOM by 2 seconds. Most of the people looks like they did it for the TT thread and not again (at least "going for it"). I improved my time slightly in 2015 shortly after I got my EVO. @pearl improved his time to 9:58, to put him between @Norm and @UtahJoe.

I am not sure if I knew it at the time, but roads with a climb and then a long drag or false flat at the top suit me very well.
wow, I actually forgot about that ride....@norm got @Kirt and myself to do a 3+ road ride...on a SATURDAY at 6am....Man...thats like another lifetime ago.

rick81721

Lothar
Zion TT Thread
Ahh the good ole days.

@jimvreeland is correct though, strava segment matching is go through the start and finish and I think it is 75-80% of the segment. They have to do this because of GPS inaccuracy, especially in the woods. So 6 mile would have to change dramatically for it not to match the segment.

So that first page was the final standings? I think I only pushed the whole thing once, I usually just coast after the climb, but I think there is also a segment for the entire loop - stop sign at Amwell to stop sign, and I gave that a shot..

Top Bottom