Sept. 5, 6, 7 Weekend in Pictures

When did all that go down Pete?...I was ridding back in there Monday between 1:30 and 4...would have helped you out if I saw ya..I live on the Canistear side and go in through Cherry Ridge all the time..it's only a few minutes from my place.

When did all that go down Pete?...I was ridding back in there Monday between 1:30 and 4...would have helped you out if I saw ya..I live on the Canistear side and go in through Cherry Ridge all the time..it's only a few minutes from my place.

I started out around 3 in the afternoon. It was about a 4.5 hour adventure. I never saw or heard even one person the whole time. Great riding back there, quiet and lonesome.

Last edited:
Those are some awesome views buddy! I think I might have cramped a little "looking" at the "puke hill" photo. :oops:

Scott's or "Puke Hill", bear of a climb. As the local population may say, "oh my heck". Use to live between Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons. We'd park down at Reynolds flats below Solitude, ride up to Brighton on the Canyon road then up Puke Hill to the Wasatch Crest. The spine you mention is the backside of 9990 at the Canyons, got struck by lightning on my bike there...not cool! If you took a left and went down by Desolation Lake, the Mill D trail is one blast of a downhill. Did allot of backcountry skiing through there as well.

Head over to The Canyons or the other end Deer Valley and ride Mid-mountain. 8k elevation nap of the earth kind of riding, less climbing and great views.

All kinds of cool trails in them parts. Great pics, bring back some good memories. Good on ya! Not an easy route.

No, I'm not posting to the wrong thread... I've just been too busy to get to the pictures from the holiday weekend :)

Rode the McDade Recreational Trail on Sunday from Dingmans Ferry to Hialeah (its southern end), north to White Pines, and back to Dingmans Ferry.
IMG_3371.JPG

Me:
IMG_3380.JPG

Lots of folks out on the river enjoying the beautiful weather:
IMG_3381.JPG

Monday, rode along the O&W railroad from Pleasant Mount, PA to Hancock, NY.
IMG_3391.JPG

Part of the O&W is privately owned and leased by the NWORC, but open to hiking and biking for free:
IMG_3392.JPG

Mandatory bike-leaning-against-something picture:
IMG_3395.JPG

Waterfall along the O&W:
IMG_3404.JPG

Spent the next few days out in my hometown riding around the dirt roads, among other activities. Pretty cloud picture from an evening ride:
IMG_3415.JPG

Back
Top Bottom