Sept. 5, 6, 7 Weekend in Pictures

Kaleidopete

Saturday the 5th.
So I met a fellow traveler on the trail today, he was struggling more than I was!
Tired and dried out, so I gave him a lift. I took him the last 90 feet to the
paradise he was trying to get to.

As he entered the stream he gave me a quick Thanks! And swam away.

A little farther up the trail was a Big Guy

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Saturday. Loaded up the bikes for the weekend. 2 for cross. 2 for the trails.

image.jpg

Hit up White Clay in Delaware in the afternoon. Mad fun. Damn fine set of trails down here.

image.jpg

D took a tumble here then decided to take a break. 18 miles in all on the day. Tomorrow is another adventure.

image.jpg

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm in Baltimore for a Game themed wedding this weekend. They choose this Castle for the affair. It was a pretty unusual place with some local history too it. The cake was from some famous cake guy. Cake Art show on A & E. The bride looked exactly like this down to the blue sneakers.
Also found this crawler at in the woods near the pool. Pretty cool.
20150905_214329.jpg
20150905_190128.jpg
20150905_185912.jpg
20150905_214805.jpg
20150905_154411.jpg

Kaleidopete

Today I figured I’d mount my chainsaw to my front rack and head out and do some trail maintenance. Holy crap! try throwing 13 pounds out over the front wheel! Talk about oversteer, this rig is almost unmanageable! I rode it because I was out there and committed, but I gotta redesign this set up. Unbelievable the loss of control with this weight out front.

rick81721

Lothar
Today I figured I’d mount my chainsaw to my front rack and head out and do some trail maintenance. Holy crap! try throwing 13 pounds out over the front wheel! Talk about oversteer, this rig is almost unmanageable! I rode it because I was out there and committed, but I gotta redesign this set up. Unbelievable the loss of control with this weight out front.

You need to balance it out with another chain saw off the back wheel

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG

You could try one of these instead...:D

Craig-Calfee-Workhorse-e-bike-saw-blad-disc-rotors-5.jpg

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On Friday, I decided to go work from the city. Rode my bike in 7am.

e4RnQMZl.jpg

Somehow @gtluke showed up.

XGx6Ktal.jpg

Once afternoon hit I became sleepy so I slept at the park.

Cq7FqgSl.jpg

The I rode back.

rcNyI7sl.jpg

Little red light house from the G Dub.

eA7Dut4l.jpg

On Saturday I went to ride some smooth trails with @ktmrider and friends, but I can't post any photos because I will get in trouble.

On Sunday morning I left at 7am again towards the city.

45VY9BLl.jpg

#bikeriverroad

HQ5xnYxl.jpg

Gdub sunrise.

Rop0An8l.jpg

No cars on Gdub.

dFPjeACl.jpg

Met my friend Eddie (not phantom Eddie) at BB and took a selfie.

8WgBfMDl.jpg

Did another selfie at the pier.

HpwWydVl.jpg

#bikeLeaningAgainstThings

oKdAt2vl.jpg

After church, we ate a hamburger.

Be9UZ0Jl.jpg

Then I went to go work at the ice cream shop. Even ate an ice cream.

OtnqMDUl.jpg

Upgraded #mtbNJ.

Lpd1FRrl.jpg

Hung out with some chicks.

vH8hAgbl.jpg

Rode back home in the sunset.

UuTBi0kl.jpg

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Last weekend was awesome. This weekend was the suck. Lots of graphic design work so I have spent Saturday, Sunday and All of today in the home office. I'm still working now and I'll probably continue till midnight...

Megan and I did realize Friday that we haven't utilized the fire pit enough this summer, so we had a few friends over and lit that MFer up.
fire_pit.jpg

jumpa

decided to visit wildcat ridge today with @kichibot

our agenda was find the batcave, the graveyard (only thing i didnt get pics of) and check out the hawk watch. we didn't ride the entire trail network. more of a teaser ride if anything.

we were looking for the cave and a hiker pointed us in its direction and said "its really cool". he wasn't joking. felt like a 20 degree drop in the little valley with the air blowing out of the cave entrances.

PANO_20150907_151014.jpg

the scenery was nice. and the trail had a good amount of technicality to it. probably not the best place for beginner riders but still not as ego hurting as sourlands was this summer for me.

IMG_20150907_171350.jpg

found the hawk watch. a random girl up top complimented me on my beard. made the climb up worth it. the compliment, not the view. (ok the view was really good to)

PANO_20150907_165529.jpg

going down a hill

Screenshot_2015-09-07-19-53-03.jpg

almost in frame.

Screenshot_2015-09-07-19-53-58.jpg

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Friday late day: Rigid ride with a friend at 6MR
Voodoo%20and%20Nasblue_zpsyklczily.jpg

Sat: Meatpacking district/HighLine with my lady
0905151408a_zpsjsfoi5jc.jpg

Sun: We kayaked at Splitrock with a friend and her daughter (FYI the line on the rocks is the normal water line)
0906151246b_zpsyzpz2fbq.jpg

Mon: Was supposed to hit Nox for some riding but hurt my back from lifting all dem boats on/off my truck on Sun, so took it easy and got caught up on stuff around the house.

For you car nuts out there, I saw a bunch of Detroit classics rolling around (due to Lead East being held over the weekend), plus a bunch of super cars, including 2 R8 convertibles (one pictured here in a shade I'd never seen before), a McLaren (pic here going over GWB), a GT-R and an Evora.

0905152201_zpsmnsznfed.jpg

Mclaren_zpsoap8kww1.jpg

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
Saturday i loaded the van up with all of our stuff and headed to philly with Aly to a friends wedding. We hit traffic and missed the ceremony, but made it in time for the chipotle and slacklining (thats the bride)
1660704_10204912435596688_7373051206051167773_n.jpg

hung around philly until about 9, and then started driving north to the ADK. made it to a rest stop just south of Albany and slept until 5 am to finish the drive.

did a small hike to the top of Mt Jo, then hit the MTB trails in the lake placid area. twisty, rooty and fun. i thought about doing this drop and then remembered that i ride a hardtail and suck at stuff like this
11987194_820129676915_9204787011098227805_n.jpg

Slept in the van and woke up to this
12002805_10100245513152020_7552320757909244764_n.jpg

went and hiked to indian head. its even better than the pictures.
vNBwKFCWff0zVlME20a3tB_2e_jG52Px44bptoM3D5CHSr8W8rlTqwJz7VV8_D0uU1zzT7FWX9FsBZPOOHE0XKAQucj5dd4vNgpaDl5fV9dkZoG92EAPDbkQfcpurrfkbsaeGJsOZWjQ3plqapvKGO4hL18yfLX2TWDI39qvcnCpfOKDqFlfC8EcJ-xKRHFjkkjm0EZAitrXJE237FtdN9kPdpz7gV7xXiPUxcO1EZbZb-f84QPGXS1WdEBCveSGSqCDc4GWqXWQt4Aq2sYNqk2xeNJVuMMvXXGE3UPwtf-tSC3pVPSOfjW7UVq5r7SBavpCsWD3CZj84-vQAMRvsz2y0Eb46zXurCtSEQ4QwNz68BvczD-lMxGPvDLtSDRjcnj_kakHNRUsAj5lEMs4dJ_uRZS4KaQnRZ6nVNZCwwzrQZBbEczN12kD4c_pvVUtRyQ-Ylea5GIWk2_BG6Yngb-dI5_RZEgqWMmSVUxEO7TIOoEGXkLHvJPtYzIlsqc9H77BfuMO_4OLQQohfgyEnJY=w1280-h720-no

then went climbing at the beer walls. climbed a bunch of routes..led some, but TR'd this classic 5.7
107838223_large_d70f51.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Drove 240 miles up to ADK - the first 237 went well. The last 3 went well too, just on a back road.

IMG_3530.JPG

Hung out near the lake.

IMG_3549.JPG

Caught some fish (love handles not cropped so NSFW)
IMG_3554.JPG

Worked on a bathroom (it started as just studs - so did plumbing, walls, electrical, tile

IMG_3557.JPG

Left this guy alone. Has to be friendly, has heart shaped markings!

IMG_3558.JPG

gtluke

The Moped
I'll start my week early BECAUSE.
Wednesday I met Jimmy @soundz for Chipotle where he fell asleep
i-vqmdhnF-X2.jpg

Then I met up with @jimvreeland to slay some summit
His friend paul showed up and schooled us on how to ride a bicycle.

This closed bridge was way sketchier than it looks in this picture.
Mo0sXgl.jpg

Thursday I was back in the city and met Jimmy at starbucks.
I'm stupified by Manhattan. I do a lot of work in the city, and I usually buzz back home as fast as humanly possible. I've been trying to take advantage of the city at least a tiny bit recently. Last week I went to a burrito spot and this week I visited Jimmy. The girl to straight guy ratio in Manhattan has got to be 5 to 1
JIMMY HOW ARE YOU NOT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THIS?
That burrito spot I was at, there were like 15 of us in there waiting for burritos. 14 25-35 year old young professional women, and me.
Then we went to Jimmy's church where he placed a curse on me. His church is in a cool ass building that was previously inhabited by giants.
i-T3t3rfg-X2.jpg

Then went climbing with Aaron @axcxnj and took a fall on lead, super super short fall but my gear and Aaron did catch me.
i-w8LvSpm-X2.jpg

Friday went to dinner with @Satanpez and @UtahJoe and my friends Ryan and Marissa. Then Ryan and the amazing Marissa and I and the wife went to my friend's house and watched Ted2 in his back yard. It was meh as expected. Then we watch Scott Pilgrim vs the world for the 89907346th time and it's still probably the best movie of the decade by a long shot.

i-GQhFNc5-1903x1070.jpg

Saturday I blew off Jimmy on riding bikes and tore apart my aging chimney. What a monsterous pain in the ass.
i-hVB7thm-1903x1070.jpg

Put that side back together, and tore apart the front.
i-QVch7Q2-X2.jpg

Then I went to my friend Phil's house and swam in his pool. We went to the Boonton carnival and I ate funnel cake for dinner.
I need to get the higher quality version of this from dudeman. They didn't think I could dive through a little kid's inner tube.
dudeman who filimed it makes his living importing e30 station wagons and selling them on ebay.

Sunday went to Fugawe. Missed taking a pic with @JimN and @Thin Diesel and the father of these 2 kids that hung in there and slayed fugawe. 12 and 14, they were unbelievable. Me and the 14 year old were the only ones to hit the ramp jump on the downhill trail. Maybe @Chris26er hit it like a weenie.

But I broke my rear brake in the first 5 minutes. It's incredible how much I actually use my back brake when not actually trying to slow down. Just through rock gardens, setting up for a log over, CLIMBING a technical trail, I use it a TON. Or so I just learned. It was a real bitch to ride the fugawe without a back brake.
i-FBXq2BX-XL.jpg

@woody slaying it

@Kirt killing it, @JimN not so much

i-WXzfKT6-X2.jpg

Came home, tried to get my motorcycle to idle on all 4 cyls, I'll have to pull the carbs out AGAIN. I think the ethenol in modern gas and my lack of riding it a lot is clogging up the microscopic idle jet on this thing. It's a 4 cyl with 4 REAL carbs, CV carbs. So can you imagine how tiny the 1 jet is? It's TINY.
I had the laser thermometer thing out so I temperature checked skeeter.
i-Z7tZxJ7-X2.jpg

Then went back to my friend's pool and hung out. Went back to the carnival and watched some fireworks

Monday I slept in a bit, which has become increasingly difficult. My back is so bad while trying to sleep I can rarely get more than 6-7 hours. I need to do something about this.
I worked on the chimney briefly. Mostly setting up the ladders so I had something to stand on while working on the other side. I knocked out the one bad brick on the bottom, thankfully the entire bottom of the side is solid except the one bad brick. I used my grinding wheel/ rake thing to knock out the motor in the rest of the chimney, so I'm done with the power up there so I cleaned that up.
I forgot to take a picture of the other side that's all done now. I used all the old bricks so it doesn't look out of place. So it doesn't actually look any better. But trust me, it's WAY better. All the bricks are in there solid again, it was real bad before. Previous owner used like a gallon of silicone on it, which traps water and explodes the bricks.
Here's were we are at now, the back is apart.
i-Frn7XFK-X2.jpg

Then went to my friend's pool AGAIN and swam a damn while. made this video which I think is awesome.

Then went and got ice cream at the new curly's in Boonton and thought about how @davidcarson48 should go F himself :)

Okay that's it. Then I rode my bike to work today ;)

Top Bottom