Saw bike mounts?

custom-bike-BMX-chainsaw.jpg

To your original question, its been awhile, but way back when I did attach a standard bow saw to my bike frame. I assume yours looks like what is below.

Provided you are talking about a HT bike, it should sort of follow the shape of the frame if mounted the way I rotated the picture. I used to just put cardboard over the blade. Then used a couple old bike tubes with valve cut out to tie it on and protect the frame.

I do agree there are better saws out there, but if that's what you are comfortable with, and are not in the market for another saw, this is super cheap.

fiskars-pruning-saws-305300-1001-64_1000.jpg

I've got a 12" Corona, double row teeth... It deals with abuse better, but the Sven cuts faster/easier due to the thinness of the blade/depth of the teeth.

Just my opinion, of course.

This tucks away nicely, stows the blade (I left some stick out for the photo) and unlike a bow saw, the rectangular shape let's more for and aft travel as I get deeper into the log.
IMG_20180326_211457.jpg
IMG_20180326_211538.jpg

Just confirming that the Silky saws are awesome. I bought the yellow 14" one one Amazon for $55 at the advice of this forum. The 3-4" diameter stuff really does take only a minute. I've used plenty of cheaper saws that made these seemingly simple jobs take more like 10 minutes due to binding/bending and required far more muscle effort.

Just confirming that the Silky saws are awesome. I bought the yellow 14" one one Amazon for $55 at the advice of this forum. The 3-4" diameter stuff really does take only a minute. I've used plenty of cheaper saws that made these seemingly simple jobs take more like 10 minutes due to binding/bending and required far more muscle effort.

I’d encourage everyone to buy the folding version that fits in your pack.

I have the one that even fits in my fanny pack.

Take some time any cut back any face slapped you encounter.

Pick up some trash too.

Got a link?

Back
Top Bottom