Ringwood State Park Conditions

F this shmuck. Some idiot is also doing this at Sterling. I hope I catch them in the act. I won’t be nice.

Tree down about 20 yards from the alligator (yellow tank) on the twisty single track. Been there for about a month.

I cleared out two more piles in the section between the top of Warm Puppy to the start of Skylands yesterday, Skylands was clear for now. This person is dedicated in their misguided trail blocking efforts. I am the third person I know(not including the posts here) who has removed multiple blockages in less than a week. It must be a daily thing for this person

@chris12453 there is a pile by the A line at the end of red just before the fireroad break leading to white/warm puppy intersection. The high line on the left coming down. We cleared one on the big slab with the tree hanging over it further up from the white/warm puppy intersection and then another on the A line punchy rock up on the right with the narrow rocky bench on the left. Past the next intersection with the rock drop on the right side there was a tree pulled out on the slab that we pushed back into the woods and removed some other debris. I should have taken some more pictures, but attaching the only one I took of the first blockage I described.

Attachments

• IMG_5812.jpg
    IMG_5812.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 57
@chris12453 there is a pile by the A line at the end of red just before the fireroad break leading to white/warm puppy intersection. The high line on the left coming down. We cleared one on the big slab with the tree hanging over it further up from the white/warm puppy intersection and then another on the A line punchy rock up on the right with the narrow rocky bench on the left. Past the next intersection with the rock drop on the right side there was a tree pulled out on the slab that we pushed back into the woods and removed some other debris. I should have taken some more pictures, but attaching the only one I took of the first blockage I described.
Maybe the picture angle and I am notoriously bad at recognizing trail section on picture but what am I looking at in that picture?

Maybe the picture angle and I am notoriously bad at recognizing trail section on picture but what am I looking at in that picture?
Its a terrible picture, see the red arrow on the map attached, most people pass this on the way up towards skylands and would not notice, it is not the obvious on the way down either but this leads to narrow chute with two alternate line choices and was blocked.

Attachments

• trail.png
    trail.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 16
Its a terrible picture, see the red arrow on the map attached, most people pass this on the way up towards skylands and would not notice, it is not the obvious on the way down either but this leads to narrow chute with two alternate line choices and was blocked.
Ah, yes! He lies to pile up sticks in that area…

It has been getting worse by the day- we have cleared some of the sections that were blocked by live trees that were hacked down across the trail and still partially attached to the stump...
@serviceguy has the picture been brought to the Ringwood State Park Police? They are clearly out to hurt people as the rollers are blocked on the downside that you only see once you have committed. Even though they have a picture they were very active this week. I hope the race course markings weren't messed with.

It has been getting worse by the day- we have cleared some of the sections that were blocked by live trees that were hacked down across the trail and still partially attached to the stump...
@serviceguy has the picture been brought to the Ringwood State Park Police? They are clearly out to hurt people as the rollers are blocked on the downside that you only see once you have committed. Even though they have a picture they were very active this week. I hope the race course markings weren't messed with.
Not sure, it wasn’t I picture I had taken. But I believe that is the direction things are heading.

Someone should put up a few trail cams in the areas that are being continuously blocked. A gofundme page would help cover the cost.

The third photos from the top is the rock garden to the left before you come down the rock roller to the intersection of white/warm puppy and back down to lot C. I ripped all of that out 3-4 times last year. Glad to see it is back yet again. I have been told it is a disgruntled hiker. Not sure what the issue is and can't confirm it myself.
Disgruntled hiker? More like disgruntled nature walker, this isn’t hiking. Hopefully they velcroed up some the ticks while dragging up all that timber.

Not sure, it wasn’t I picture I had taken. But I believe that is the direction things are heading.
can the picture be shared here? i'm sure he's a local - maybe a neighbor or acquaintance of someone who is on the boards. Could be that a conversation and the knowledge that his work is no longer anonymous is all that's needed to put an end to this.

What does the sign say?
I don't have a pic of my own to post so I'll just copy the text below"

"UNAUTHORIZED TRAIL MAINTENANCE IS NOT PERMITTED

Unauthorized trail maintenance is considered natural resource damage, and is subject to investigation by the NJ State Park Police.

All trail maintenance is coordinated through the Ringwood State Park office, or in coordination with the NY/NJ trail conference & JORBA (Jersey Off Road Bike Association).

Please report trail issues to the park office at (973) 962-2240 or ringwood@dep.nj.gov"

Followed by the NJ State Park Service logo.

I wish they could at least by a laminating machine before, this is on a piece of paper stapled to a tree trunk. Maybe throw a couple of law article numbers in there for additional motivation...hopefully this serves well. Finger crossed.

I don't have a pic of my own to post so I'll just copy the text below"

"UNAUTHORIZED TRAIL MAINTENANCE IS NOT PERMITTED

Unauthorized trail maintenance is considered natural resource damage, and is subject to investigation by the NJ State Park Police.

All trail maintenance is coordinated through the Ringwood State Park office, or in coordination with the NY/NJ trail conference & JORBA (Jersey Off Road Bike Association).

Please report trail issues to the park office at (973) 962-2240 or ringwood@dep.nj.gov"

Followed by the NJ State Park Service logo.

I wish they could at least by a laminating machine before, this is on a piece of paper stapled to a tree trunk. Maybe throw a couple of law article numbers in there for additional motivation...hopefully this serves well. Finger crossed.
Looks like they print them for all parks now

signs07.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions