Ringwood State Park Conditions

Was out hiking today. Things were soft today with standing water in places. Going to need a couple of days IMO. Maybe Tuesday.
Soon after the massive amount of rain came down on Saturday there was a strong wind that helped drying things and the temperature dropped. That said, the amount of standing water was huge, and the dirt started being very soft around 9:00 a.m.

This tree is down on RVCC race trail right before the sharp left hand turn at the pipeline!
IMG_4678.jpeg

That tree looks easily jumpable, I say leave it. Helps discourage the dirt bikes/quads at the very least, a natural barrier.
I doubt dirt bikes on that side of the park as it close to the lake! But with the planned group ride on Friday it might be too much for some riders…. I’m okay leaving it as it is a good feature!

That tree looks easily jumpable, I say leave it. Helps discourage the dirt bikes/quads at the very least, a natural barrier.
The question is...does it interfere with the sharp turn just ahead (or before in case coming from the opposite side)? I can't remember that specific location so I've no idea. As a general rule, I believe the trail should be kept the way it was designed as a whole, not that improvements are not welcome every now and then. Not sure anyone would be able to get there before the group ride anyway, so jump it is!

I doubt dirt bikes on that side of the park as it close to the lake! But with the planned group ride on Friday it might be too much for some riders…. I’m okay leaving it as it is a good feature!
That is usually the case, they tend to ride in the Ryerson general area for the most part...

Any chance the park will be rideable tomorrow AM (3/30) or will it be too soft given the rain on Wednesday and Thursday?

IMG_7711.jpeg

Dog picture for rererence, she’s not a Chihuahua by the way. I’m going to clear it, it’s about 2ft up in the air in a section where you need to gather speed for the approaching climb while going uphill, also coming downhill just breaks the flow. I was there this morning and none of the riders I met tried to jump it and they all had to step over it after dismounting.

Did a ride today and trails are in perfect condition! But I have a question… why is someone closing down some of the B lines on Skylands? See photos….
IMG_4747.jpeg
IMG_4746.jpeg
IMG_4745.jpeg
IMG_4744.jpeg
IMG_4743.jpeg

Did a ride today and trails are in perfect condition! But I have a question… why is someone closing down some of the B lines on Skylands? See photos….View attachment 236559View attachment 236560View attachment 236564View attachment 236566View attachment 236567
I do not know but someone also reached out to JORBA Facebook page about it. I do not think these are official closures, but no one in the know has responded yet as far as I know. @pixychick , what say you? If not official, i will gladly open these back up tomorrow on the group ride.

Non of those closers are official or are being done by the JORBA park reps.
This has been going on for a few years but this year it's much worse.

Thanks for the update and better picture. We are aware of the situation, but have not figured out who or why this happening. We are not aware of any closures on Skylands ( blue triangle blaze on white ). However, that picture looks to me like a section on Ringwood-Ramapo, one section north of warm puppy and intersection of Crossover (white). It is helpfull if when taking photos, one has a blaze showing. That way we can be sure what trail we are talking about and not go by trailfork or strava names. We hope to be able to inspect in person in a few weeks when we return. In the mean time, we have spread the word around bike and hiking community to see if we can get some insight.

The third photos from the top is the rock garden to the left before you come down the rock roller to the intersection of white/warm puppy and back down to lot C. I ripped all of that out 3-4 times last year. Glad to see it is back yet again. I have been told it is a disgruntled hiker. Not sure what the issue is and can't confirm it myself.

I’ve hiked Skylands back to Sheperd’s lake and removed all of the piles of wood Icould find on the trail, not sure if I got all of those in the pictures above, so think someone else had cleared some already. They’re going to be back no doubt, this guy is a douche of the highest grade…

Probably some gravel rider upset about hard lines. If you have trouble clearing it with 40mm tire hardtail, it should be closed, right?

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions