Riding without a bell? Buy one of these now

I have a second brand new Timber bell if anyone is interested for $15.

As for the courtesy of hikers, more often than not, they get a kick out of my dinging my bell and are more cordial with it than without.

I will give you a ride to Moab for one.

I'm a hello guy, to me bells are more of an impersonal gtf out of my way type of thing. But maybe that's just me.

got to ring the bell long before you get up on the person - so they hear you coming.

Unlike a car that scares the crap out of you because they honk when right there. and not the friendly beep-beep either.

got to ring the bell long before you get up on the person - so they hear you coming.

Unlike a car that scares the crap out of you because they honk when right there. and not the friendly beep-beep either.

Look at this fuckin Lance Armstrong wanna be, thinks he can ride all over.

The other thing is I figure that most people, like us, are walking in the woods (instead of the sidewalk) because they want the peace and solitude of the outdoors. Who wants to hear a fucking bell ringing in the woods? Or your shitty Nickelback/Theory of a Deadman/Hinder/Halestorm butt-rock mix?

Reactions: rlb
The other thing is I figure that most people, like us, are walking in the woods (instead of the sidewalk) because they want the peace and solitude of the outdoors. Who wants to hear a fucking bell ringing in the woods? Or your shitty Nickelback/Theory of a Deadman/Hinder/Halestorm butt-rock mix?

Did you watch the video?

Yes. Its a finely designed bell, that sounds like any other bell. Am I missing something?

Waiting for someone to come out with a good old-fashioned bar mounted clown horn.

Wait, seriously? You don't know that flugelhorns are a thing?

Flugel_Horns.jpg

It seems to only work when you are on rough terrain and if the trail is smooth, it doesn't ring much.

Mine arrived over the weekend so I took it out for a ride yesterday, and this was not my experience at all. Not sure if they fixed the issue with a newer model or if you got a dud, but mine rings constantly. Even on a smooth road, it is constantly dinging. I actually couldn't use it because it was too annoying. I used it a few times by just flipping it open to make noise and then immediately closing it. I'm gonna try putting a small rubber band or something in there to dampen the sound a bit, because I really like the concept.

i just have a bear bell zip tied to my seatpost, seems to do the job just fine, doesnt ring annoyingly much or anything and it was like $3 on amazon.

I put one of the Timber bells on my bike a couple months ago and I have become a huge fan. I ride Hartshorne a lot (lots of hikers and dog walkers) and every time I do I get numerous compliments. Many hikers have actually thanked me for using it. I think people appreciate that I am not ringing a bell AT them like you would with other bells. Some people get a chuckle out of it as it does resemble jingle bells or the ice cream man. The bottom line is that it is very effective in warning other trail users that I am approaching and it puts a smile on their face at the same time.

I click it off when climbing or in sections with good visibility as the constant jingling can get a little annoying.

Back
Top Bottom