Rancocas State Park

JDurk

Can anyone provide info on riding there? I work in Rancocas. Would like to get a quick ride in during daylight hours instead of trying to beat the 295/42 traffic to get to GCC, CCC or Ceres.

Thanks,
JD

I would be interested also, as I live near Fort Dix, and drive to Philly every day. IF there are trails, this would be nice to hit on the way home!

Was not looking to "sign up" for another website to get trail info. Maybe it's time to add new locations to replace the rarely used listed in South Jersey, ie Assunpink W.M.A., Turkey Swamp, & Parvin. It seems that requests have been made for GCC & CCC to be added, but no action.

Was not looking to "sign up" for another website to get trail info. Maybe it's time to add new locations to replace the rarely used listed in South Jersey, ie Assunpink W.M.A., Turkey Swamp, & Parvin. It seems that requests have been made for GCC & CCC to be added, but no action.

I think its funny Allaire is considered south jersey.

I think its funny Allaire is considered south jersey.

South of 195 is South Jersey.

The area between 195 and 80 is central. And north of 80 is north jersey.

This was decided by me.

Last edited:

I can inquire for you if you would like.

I'm surprised someone didn't use the "what exit" as a determination of North and South...as I am not a Jersey native......

JDurk: I'm still trying to get a an answer from some one about the trails there.

Here is the location of the trail head you will have to explore to find out how much is there. - The trail head is at the end of Deacon Road across from the house with the handicapped ramp. The directions are from Mt. Holly you take C.R. 537 west. Make your first right after C.R. 541 (Deacon Road). Go almost to the end. There is pink construction tape around the telephone pole where the trail begins. the trail is marked with orange and pink construction tape. It as across from 1513 Deacon.

I hope this helps you out.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Rancocas is ridable? I rode it not long after the last storm and it was pretty beat up, but thinking about riding there from my house today after work.

On a side note, thanks to all who have been working on the trails, it is greatly appreciated!

Does anyone know if Rancocas is ridable? I rode it not long after the last storm and it was pretty beat up, but thinking about riding there from my house today after work.

On a side note, thanks to all who have been working on the trails, it is greatly appreciated!
Walked there yesterday during lunch. It was dry, with 1 spot that always seems damp, still being damp. Saw tire tracks on the trails in several places. I'm sure with the rain today, it's going to be messy tomorrow for the scheduled TM. Sunday maybe.

Will also mention that I came upon a Park Ranger who was camouflaging the rogue trail blazes with bark color matched paint. Noticed some of the 2x4 and 4x4 rogue trail markers have been removed as well.

Walked there yesterday during lunch. It was dry, with 1 spot that always seems damp, still being damp. Saw tire tracks on the trails in several places. I'm sure with the rain today, it's going to be messy tomorrow for the scheduled TM. Sunday maybe. Thx for the update. I'll hold off then. I'm just getting rollers fatigue during the weekdays.

Will also mention that I came upon a Park Ranger who was camouflaging the rogue trail blazes with bark color matched paint. Noticed some of the 2x4 and 4x4 rogue trail markers have been removed as well. Awesome...a few intersections have been throwing me off, as well as the missing cabin 🤪

Anyone know what happened to the new blue trail? Didnt think it was a rogue trail since it had benches installed but noticed it blocked off today?

Anyone know what happened to the new blue trail? Didnt think it was a rogue trail since it had benches installed but noticed it blocked off today?
Was that you riding there today? I was walking and saw a rider. I'm on the email notification of trail maintenance and the new blue was a rogue build. This map shows all the currently approved trails. All the trails inside the blue circle by the Nature Center, bikes are off limits.
1707768756270.png

I was there around lunch time yesterday. No not the blue trail in the nature center, its on the west side of the park. There was a marked blue trail kind of where the green and white trails meet by the creek that went towards the paved access road. I rode it around christmas and it had color markings on the trees and looked like a lot of work went into making it. Someone went as far as making benches along it which were still there yesterday.

I was there around lunch time yesterday. No not the blue trail in the nature center, its on the west side of the park. There was a marked blue trail kind of where the green and white trails meet by the creek that went towards the paved access road. I rode it around christmas and it had color markings on the trees and looked like a lot of work went into making it. Someone went as far as making benches along it which were still there yesterday.
That was a rogue trail. Yes the amount of effort that went into building all 3 rogue trails was pretty extensive. I was walking there last year, exploring that new blue trail and there was a civilian (I assumed since he wasn't wearing a uniform) going opposite direction pulling up the flags used to mark it. Said hello, but no eye contact or reply. Noticed the painted blazes on the trees was excessive, like every damn tree.

Got an email today that there is scheduled maintenance this coming Saturday in the Hainesport side of the park.

Back
Top Bottom