OOS MOGA

Glad to hear you guys had a great ride, sorry i missed it. I ended up staying local and hitting Wayway. Had to alter course a bit when I came across a rather large bear blocking Pumphouse, who let me know he was unhappy with me being up in his hood, but overall was good maiden voyage at wayway for my new to me Cane Creek DB inline.

Glad to hear you guys had a great ride, sorry i missed it. I ended up staying local and hitting Wayway. Had to alter course a bit when I came across a rather large bear blocking Pumphouse, who let me know he was unhappy with me being up in his hood, but overall was good maiden voyage at wayway for my new to me Cane Creek DB inline.
Was it a stand-off?

Good weather for CRTM, crappy conditions for riding bikes. We had a downpour the night before so scrubbed the AM ride. Trimmed white and red and inner red is a complete mess. All the riders we came across were muddy.
IMG_20190511_103218.jpg

Some pics of OOS racing at Stewart yesterday. I started DFL out of a group of 25 as I rolled up to the start late. I thought about Walt’s advice to start out fast but there was no where to pass with the way everyone was positioning. Then after a short sprint on the fire road it was off to the muddy narrow single track. I waisted several minutes of the race riding behind slower people that would either not let me pass or took their time letting me pass. I spent so much effort slowing down and then passing people that it felt much more difficult than the Mooch Madness Race. Another disadvantage I knew coming in that there is very little tech at Stewart to help me make up for lost time against more fit but less skilled racers. Overall I’m glad I did the race. 1. To support OOS and MTBNJ and 2. Was truly an event and not just a race. Free lunch and prizes didn’t hurt either. Socialized with friends and met some new folks. Thanks MTBNJ. You all make putting these things on look easy.

388843A3-0615-4C95-B4D3-5595A77DBA41.png
8D119FF1-915B-4774-8FD0-33681861B82C.png
685A73EF-2599-4CB6-B6D4-5342DC0B0867.png

Was it a stand-off?
Yeah sort of. It took a few steps off the trail when i rolled up but then stopped and stared for a bit. I tried to wait him out, but he didnt move, and gave a few snorts. I got off the bike and held it up, which didnt phase it's big ass a bit, so i slowly turned around and went back the way I came. I've come across many a bear ridding alone, but this was only the second time I felt the need to change course.

Thanks Arnold. Same here, but no more flowy race courses for me this year. Gotta get back to tech. We are riding Jungle next weekend for sure. Craving NJ rocks and boulders.
Wondering if you would feel differently if you had a lighter XC bike available to you...

Back
Top Bottom