OFFICIAL Spring Allergies Thread

I was going to post on here today - wondering if it's allergies or if I'm sick (nasal congestion) - I am telling myself allergies since I was outside the past few days/it's been warmer...I usually start my daily allergy med 3/1.

Do you get a shot? I coulda swore you did, or am I making that up?

I copped some Flonase and that seems to be taking most of the sting out of it… but not 100% comfy.

Yup. Been killing me for over a week. Flonase gave me nosebleeds. I alternate Allegra, Zyrtec and Claritin every 3 weeks In the bad season. Keeps them from becoming less effective.

@Pearl I got shots when I was younger... I started taking my daily this week but should get Flonase again. I realized I am out.

Flonase - and I start before symptoms occur. I also use a nasal moisturizer and a daily nasal rinse too - called Navage and its automatic no water gets stuck. Good reminder to start my Flonase now!

Flonase - and I start before symptoms occur. I also use a nasal moisturizer and a daily nasal rinse too - called Navage and its automatic no water gets stuck. Good reminder to start my Flonase now!
I use a nasal rinse too. Think it really helps.

+1 on the Flonase. That stuff works. Too bad it’s OTC and I can’t use my prescription plan to get it cheap. I use my FSA on it now.

Also take singulair which is an allergy RX with is supposed to help people with asthma.

And I’m also a nasal rinse user. I just use a Neti Pot though. I kinda just snort the water in through my nose and spit it out. This seems like it clears my sinuses out more thoroughly. Maybe TMI but it works.

Really hard to tell if is is one of the 10 different respiratory things floating around or allergies. But yeah, nose been a running again. Don't worry, at this rate , March will be winter and then April will be a mega pollen explosion.

Flonase is uber cheap on amazon, however I have only been buying the childrens one.

I tried neti pots but found it too hard to not get water stuck in sinus and cause more issues.

I agree @stb222 - seems like a lot of my kids are "sick"...

I have a Neti Pot but I can't get over that feeling of water in my nose/sinus...

Thanks for all the posts with suggestions and how they are feeling...

I have been feeling hot and sore everywhere with a sore throat, is that allergies? I've never really thought i had allergies because my nose runs all the time riding.

Last edited:
Thankfully we have a cold front coming through and will give me a chance to catch up, hopefully Flonase in the AM and a regular Zyrtec in the evening is enough

Allergies will start early in NJ due to warmer weather. The palm pollen just started flying down here. Flonase to the rescue

I have been feeling hot and sore everywhere with a sore throat, is that allergies? I've never really thought i had allergies because my nose runs all the time riding.
Hot and achy may mean Flu or COVID. Allergies are generally more fatigue and sinus/runny nose/headache symptoms.

Just be glad you don’t get the yellow pine pollen up there. It started coating my car a couple weeks ago after a few 70 degree days. It rained last couple days so I thought it was gone but my cars already covered again (don’t buy black cars in the south). Definitely got all the symptoms and we aren’t even started yet. By April there will be visible clouds of the stuff in the air and covering every single surface. Fuck I did not miss that part.

Back
Top Bottom