OFFICIAL Spring Allergies Thread

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i just started getting the sniffles, stuffy nose and stoner-eyes. anyone else? #springiscoming

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been on Claritin for a month or 2 and just recently started bombing myself with that green thing you jam up your nose. I've had a post nasal drip all winter and it seems to be tailing off a bit.

Having come off this winter we just did, I embrace this "elephant on chest" season with open friggin arms.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
last year it only lasted two weeks, it was winter, 2 weeks of spring, than summer, to the plants i guess. i got the benny's by the dozen next to me at work, so ill be high as a kite when the time comes

RobW

not yet, ill be on zyrtec and nasonex in the next week- this winter I had 3 sinus infections and post nasal drip

side note- living by the beach limits the amount of pollen I get.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Its not allergies. Pretty sure its SARS or mad cow.

RobW

when I lived in somerset, it was the worst! I decided to eat local honey by the glass and it relieved a lot of the symptoms-

gtluke

The Moped
I got something that day it was like 60deg out a few weeks ago, it lasted like a freakin month.
I get so F'd when the seasons change.

JDurk

i just started getting the sniffles, stuffy nose and stoner-eyes. anyone else? #springiscoming

Both my wife and I started today with all 3 of those symptoms. Need to re-stock my inventory of local honey.

RobW

I got something that day it was like 60deg out a few weeks ago, it lasted like a freakin month.
I get so F'd when the seasons change.
on those nice days i try not to ride, as much as it is great to get out, it really is traumatizing to the sinus passageways.

qclabrat

tree pollen is upon us, according the pollen sites it's maple and junipers
9.2 tomorrow, drops a bit with the rain then back to 9.5 on Sunday

my daughter and wife started their eye drops last week, otherwise they'd look like Jake Lamotta

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I sprinkle pollen on my Oatmeal in the winter so I build up a tolerance...

I put that sh#t on everything.

On a serious note, I use a combination of zyzal and flonase for my allergies and this combo seems to be the cure for me .
If you have chronic allergies, you need to go to the Dr and try different medications. I tried a shit load before I found some that work for me.

Mountain Bike Mike

This guy at work spent two years going for allergy shots where they injected him with small doses of the stuff he was allergic to so he could build up his immunity. He would come back from a session and say "Dude, if I go into anaphylactic shock, can you stick me with this epipen so I don't die and call 911?"

Couple years later, he was good and stopped going.. Then a couple more years later, he's back to having allergies again.

rick81721

Lothar
Went to the doc on saturday because I've had one side sinus congestion on and off for a month - thought it was a sinus infection from that nasty cold earlier in the winter. Turns out it's allergies so they recommended this:

500-914832-847__1.jpg

Seems to be working after a few days - much improved breathing through my nose.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This guy at work spent two years going for allergy shots where they injected him with small doses of the stuff he was allergic to so he could build up his immunity. He would come back from a session and say "Dude, if I go into anaphylactic shock, can you stick me with this epipen so I don't die and call 911?"

Couple years later, he was good and stopped going.. Then a couple more years later, he's back to having allergies again.

Man that sucks, I was considering going to get allergy shots. My allergies get pretty bad in the spring and fall and I hate taking all those drugs!

Mountain Bike Mike

Allergies creeping up on me last night... I know I'm a victim when I wake myself up in the middle of the night coughing with an itch in the back of my throat - Happened last night twice. SOFA KING ANNOYING!

Top Bottom