Nuova Simonelli MCF Grinder $250

Why grind coffee at all when someone else can do if for you? Grinding is 19th century

View attachment 86798
Here's your next mountain bike. What? It gets the job done.
p4pb10314514.jpg

Paging @soundz
image.jpeg
I need you over here to grind 20lbs of coffee leave that POS drill though I have one with plenty of batterys.

Here's your next mountain bike. What? It gets the job done.
p4pb10314514.jpg

Totally different - I've posted this before but for me, coffee is just a drug delivery system. My tongue is super sensitive to bitter (which is why I also hate IPAs), so there's nothing really enjoyable about any coffee, no matter how "good". And I've tried them all.

Totally different - I've posted this before but for me, coffee is just a drug delivery system. My tongue is super sensitive to bitter (which is why I also hate IPAs), so there's nothing really enjoyable about any coffee, no matter how "good". And I've tried them all.

try cold brew, cuts down the bitterness to almost nothing, its the only way my wife will drink coffee, need help figuring out how to cold brew lmk ;)

Ok so to recap:

1. Boy (ok, coffee snob boy) comes on to sell coffee bean grinder (to presumably other coffee snob boys)
2. Other boy comes on to let you all know coffee sucks
3. Other boy comes on to let you all know to grind beans with a drill

Is that the long & short of it?

this is free - could go 5 figures like last year's polar vortex dilemma...

i bet it goes for $300+ on ebay.

My tongue is super sensitive to bitter (which is why I also hate IPAs), so there's nothing really enjoyable about any coffee, no matter how "good". And I've tried them all.

Actually, a recent study says that the more sensitive you are to the bitter taste of caffeine, the more (coffee) you drink. So it's possible you are not sensitive to it at all (?).

Last edited:
Actually, a recent study says that the more sensitive you are to the bitter taste of caffeine, the more (coffee) you drink. So it's possible you are not sensitive to it at all (?).

Interesting but I am definitely super sensitive to bitter. My first job was at the Monell Chemical Senses Center in Philly and I was tested there for it.

try cold brew, cuts down the bitterness to almost nothing, its the only way my wife will drink coffee, need help figuring out how to cold brew lmk ;)

Now that's one thing I haven't tried - cold brew. Will give it a shot (assuming you still get caffeine out of it)

Now that's one thing I haven't tried - cold brew. Will give it a shot (assuming you still get caffeine out of it)

yes caffine content is the same, get a cheap french press, or a cold brew steeper to try it out.

https://smile.amazon.com/Airtight-B...=1548970761&sr=8-6&keywords=cold+brew+steeper

i use a french press

https://smile.amazon.com/Bodum-Braz...&qid=1548970797&sr=1-16&keywords=french+press (not this one, but its cheap enough to try out)

either way you end up with a bit of 'mud' in the bottom, leave that in the brewer. also keep in mind if you want hot coffee not cold, brew it double strength and dilute with boiling water (or microwave it up to temp, once poured and away from grounds the microwave doesnt affect flavor)

Back
Top Bottom