MTBNJ's birdbox DH challenge thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dw= delta weight (change in weight)
dt = delta time (change in time, or how long you want to take it, pick an end date and count days from now to then)
f(c,em) = your plan is a function of calories consumed and exercise minutes in order to achieve your goal, its going to be a calorie deficit per day to achieve that.

FYI, google says 1 lb of body fat lost is about 3500 calories burnt, also i have heard a healthy rate of weight loss is no more than 2 lbs a week (for sustainability), but your plan will dictate how much restriction you put on yourself

equivilant formula

(current weight - goal weight) = f(c,em)
goal date - todays date

what Bill said - postulating weight_change might correlate to something like calories-minutes.
It probably has something to do with getting the body's engine going - like losing 215->200 might be easier than 230->215,
but then 190 might be tougher...

then we can get @StayHydrated on it. He loves data :D
the spline thing just throws out some coefficients to the function that fits the data.

This is awesome, I was planning on following this, and now it's a data geek fest!? Count me in!

And a thing I realized I didn't suggest- eat out less (if you do).
You mentioned brown bagging lunch, that's great.
You can dodge a ton of added sodium and sugar cooking your own meals.

Chuang Yen, really nice to visit in the Fall. They also offer a lunch which is open to the public for a few bucks.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuang_Yen_Monastery

Nice!! Early in life my grandmother had me blessed by the monks in Howell and was given the name Batur- lol.
She came over in 1951. My grandmother along with my grandfather were among a handful of Kalmyk’s to help Geshe Wengyal establish what is now the Tibetan Learning Center in Washington.

Friday night prayer and meditation were held New Brunswick on the 3rd floor. Below

CDF82BD7-EA8D-40D3-9DC0-1B49B543E1E4.jpeg

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

Last edited:
Nice!! Early in life my grandmother had me blessed by the monks in Howell and was given the name Batur- lol.
She came over in 1951. My grandmother along with my grandfather were among a handful of Kalmyk’s to help Geshe Wengyal establish what is now the Tibetan Learning Center in Washington.

Friday night prayer and meditation were held New Brunswick on the 3rd floor. Below

View attachment 75821

Back to your regularly scheduled program.
cool NJ history lesson, I've wanted to go to Tibet the last few summers, but MrsQ is reluctant due to the political environment there. Will try again next year...
1535116824844.png

cool NJ history lesson, I've wanted to go to Tibet the last few summers, but MrsQ is reluctant due to the political environment there. Will try again next year...
View attachment 75822

You’re too much Walt, lol. In a good way.

So that photo is from 80-81. I was there. If I told you I knew at least three people in that photo, you’d prolly laugh. But I do

Looking closer. The old man over the Dalai Lama’s shoulder lived on Home Street in New Brunswick. Now I have to call my uncle for a name- damn you Walter!! Lol

Last edited:
Hey, it's your conscience. What did you eat this past weekend?
View attachment 76061
I ate chicken and eggs all weekend today I fell off the bus :( getting back on the horse tomorrow.

In other news I rescued this bench today. I've got to remake the legs and I've got a few bench vises in my basement.

I was down to 230.4

Attachments

• IMG_20180827_215853930.jpg
    IMG_20180827_215853930.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 97
I ate chicken and eggs all weekend today I fell off the bus :( getting back on the horse tomorrow.

In other news I rescued this bench today. I've got to remake the legs and I've got a few bench vises in my basement.

I was down to 230.4
Begs the question... how many chickens and eggs did you eat?

I was down to 230.4

Sounds like you need to get into a routine, Sept 30th is 5 weeks away
How much time are are given to do 33 push ups?

I turn 27 on September 30th I'd like be 220 by then.

I signed up for the NY state police test with the expectation of being DQ'd(again) for being color blind I give my self 3 months(11/21/18) to be able to pass their test, 40 sit ups in one minute, 33 pushups and 1.5 miles in 11:58.

Sounds like you need to get into a routine, Sept 30th is 5 weeks away
How much time are are given to do 33 push ups?

I turn 27 on September 30th I'd like be 220 by then.

I signed up for the NY state police test with the expectation of being DQ'd(again) for being color blind I give my self 3 months(11/21/18) to be able to pass their test, 40 sit ups in one minute, 33 pushups and 1.5 miles in 11:58.

Push-ups unlimited but from one go I'm short by a few the running is where I need a routine. I hope to start today, weekend was derailed my basement flooded due to my sump pump shitting the bed but now that's out of the way I should be able to get some road under my feet. I didn't think escaping my house for 30 minutes would be so hard.

Walt cracks a mean wip

Push-ups unlimited but from one go I'm short by a few the running is where I need a routine. I hope to start today, weekend was derailed my basement flooded due to my sump pump shitting the bed but now that's out of the way I should be able to get some road under my feet. I didn't think escaping my house for 30 minutes would be so hard.

Walt cracks a mean wip
You thought about getting a trainer or a treadmill so that you can use weather as an excuse?

@qclabrat didn't you have an old trainer that you were going to give away?

You thought about getting a trainer or a treadmill so that you can use weather as an excuse?

@qclabrat didn't you have an old trainer that you were going to give away?

Weather is no excuse for running. You aren't going to hurt the road when it's wet. If its raining, you get wet. Hot, you go slower. Cold, bundle up...

Mind over matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom