Mahlon Dickerson Reservation Conditions

coming from power line section you have that first tree down with the left diversion around. then you have that little climb around that other tree. several trees across where you come back out on to the trail there.

New BIG tree down WMA riding from Sparta before you get to the Rose Pond. Several 100 yards before the pond. Chain saw action for sure.

Keep us updated on any new developments here....and as a suggestion...please....if you see new signage from the mcpc.....don't just rip it down....it does not help the situation.

Keep us updated on any new developments here....and as a suggestion...please....if you see new signage from the mcpc.....don't just rip it down....it does not help the situation.
I haven't noticed any new signage

Another big tree down across colombo return.
It is coming back colombo return toward the park n ride. it is before that HUGE tree that was cut out a year or 2 ago. tight squeeze tree that comes out where the split is to head back towards mahlon and the power lines.

I can't believe how many cheater lines are developing. Is this the effect of strava or people who don't want to develope skills. Either way it sucks

Thanks for cutting those trees out WMA. This is the tree on Colombo Return I was talking about. I made it in to a ride over tonight. Other picture is for perspective on where it is

Attachments

• IMG_1634.jpg
    IMG_1634.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 175
Does not get any better than this! Awesome conditions, most leaves still on the trees cool temps.

I crossed over from Mahlon and rode Mt Paul section of KVSP. seems like the park service posted a trail map before setting up the trails. they were ride-able but in rough shape. trails were not marked. place has a lot of potential if a MTB club took the time to fix and trail build.

How do ride from Mahlon to Kittatinny, what route?

It is KVSP only by a technicality. This is not contiguous to the property in Andover but is actually in Jefferson. It is managed by the KVSP office. The property that he is referring to is across the street (Sparta Mountain Rd) which used to be owned by the Catholic church (Mount Paul). The teal Highlands Trail goes north and traverses the property. The property can also be accessed by parking on Ridge Road in Jefferson.

now that it is hunting season, is it still ok to ride into mahlon through the WMA property from the park and ride lot up on blue heron road?

I was at Mahlon on Sat and found the red trail to be closed for environmental protection and was super blocked off. Was the trail in that bad of shape?? From what I recall it was mostly rock gardens. Will it ever reopen??

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions