Mahlon Dickerson Reservation Conditions

They were awesome tonight, thanks to whoever took care of the trees on Ghost. Some wet areas on the rail bed and low fireroads but overall decent

Rode MDR and the Weldon Brook WMA this morning. It was a balmy 12 degrees at the start and the snow had just started. After about 2.5 hours there was about 1" of the powdery white stuff. It warmed all the way up to 14 degrees by the time I left. Good riding!

Anyone ride mahlon recently? Probably going out tomorrow morning but don't want to waste my time if it's sheet of ice. Thanks in advance

Anyone ride mahlon recently? Probably going out tomorrow morning but don't want to waste my time if it's sheet of ice. Thanks in advance
I rode MD on Tuesday and it was challenging. The iceis sort of gritty with a thin layer of snow so there is traction. Just don't lose your concentration.

Rail trail wet but rideable. First climb wet on the usual lower spots. The lollipop is fine. Cascade still has some snow and one running wet spot I portaged. The lower section of Stonegate is wet, kinda as usual but from the bottom of Stonegate to the pond was soft, take care. Otherwise rock and roll. Didn't ride four birds, TB, or ghost.

I'd call it more wet summer conditions rather than thaw. It was mostly pretty firm and I don't think overnight temps were below freeze. There were some prior ruts that had already hardened.

Just got back. TB and ghost were both perfect. I was shocked by how good everything was there today.

A few wet spots, but overall pretty good condition. The usual water crossings are a little deeper than usual. Rated it a 3

A few wet spots, but overall pretty good condition. The usual water crossings are a little deeper than usual. Rated it a 3

Rode there today. Exactly what the Huffster said. There were a few spots of standing water and there were some small patches of snow here and there. Tiger Blood Awesome, railtrail with standing water, I agree with the 3.

Mahlon was great today. Didn't get over to Cascade or the Alley, but rest was in really good shape. Northern section of rail trail was wet. Otherwise trails are good to go, including WMA.

Rode today with Icebiker. like he said over all very good conditions. Any wet/mud was passable.

Strava:
Bottom of the Lake Climb - Yellow Loop
Gost
Mahlon Tech Trail
Stone Gate
The Wall Columbo's Return
Columbo's Finishing Move

I road Mahlon this morning from Sparta WMA. Yes conditions were good. I love that place

Attachments

• IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    340.9 KB · Views: 211

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions