Lewis Morris Conditions

You guys riding Mahlon tomorrow?

I might like to join this ride if that is cool? What time? Pace? Main lot?

I might like to join this ride if that is cool? What time? Pace? Main lot?

Sure, look for a PM; This is the LewMo trail conditions thread, so this discussion is off topic. To bring it back, LewMo will be a mess this weekend, it rained a lot out here, The Black River is high and there is a lot of standing water.

Trails were excellent in the am today but quickly getting soft as the sun hit. Was a perfect night to harden the place up. If you're going, go early and leave no ruts. We got off the trails about ten and could feel it changing.
Lots of riders out.

Trails weren't so great today. Yellow is pretty greasy w/ some spots just being straight up muddy (ie: part of yellow where trucks were clearly driving through). I was actually pretty surprised. I thought it'd be drier than it was. Spent an hour there and decided to call it quits.

Went for a little spin today , trails were actually really nice.. Hit some Orange and yellow trails ... Dont forget about hunting dates tho this month ..

Solid today, rock hard and fast. Little dusting of snow was already worn off the trails but still looked pretty.
And a hello to handyman! :)

Perfect day to ride , i was parked at the small lot of Mendham road ( Blue BMW slammed ) ... Good ride, trails were good to go just def slippery and super wet in certain areas but overall good enough to ride and not mess up the trails.

Lots of people out today for sure tho !

Lm

Just finished riding LM this am. Not terrible but for the most part its close to being ass soup. Who's the really nice guy out there with the Moots?!

Was a lot softer than expected on the yellow trail down from the upper/dirt lot yesterday. I'm sure it was better today but if t rains tonight....messy.

LM burn today

I planned to ride LM today (11 am) but the road to the lake was closed. Signs said Burn Today.

So I went to Tourne - hey that is a really nice park - and what a beautiful day to ride!!
Connie

Place is A OK ! Good ride out around the while park, trails are nice and packed down , fast, and good to go .

LM Tues noon

LM conditions noon-time Tuesday are great - hard pack with just a very few puddles on yellow by the stream and a couple of bones.

Attachments

• IMG_2766.jpg
    IMG_2766.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 266
LM conditions noon-time Tuesday are great - hard pack with just a very few puddles on yellow by the stream and a couple of bones.

Are there any ruts or damage left from when they had the bulldozer in there to create fire breaks? I have not been there since last year.
Thanks

re: ruts

The bulldozer's dozed shortcuts (like red going uphill from the fire road. They are now blocked with tree trunks), but most of the ruts look like mtn bike tire grooves - which means they aren't bad.

The trails are certainly wider than last fall and more loose rock around the burn areas, around the lake and pavilion the park service has added a ton of baseball sized rocky gravel, which is easy to skid (fall) on.

If you haven’t been to LM in a while I’m sure it will look ugly to you as the controlled burn has left scorched trees everywhere – yet the skunk-cabbage and pricker bushes are blooming nicely.

I call it "the Apocalypse Ride" nowadays. Makes me feel like a knight charging through a smoky battlefield, instead of a middle aged guy riding a bicycle. Wearing spandex. With a styrofoam helmet.

I call it "the Apocalypse Ride" nowadays. Makes me feel like a knight charging through a smoky battlefield, instead of a middle aged guy riding a bicycle. Wearing spandex. With a styrofoam helmet.

This is the Apocalypse Now ride....this was at Allaire a few months ago...

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 285

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions