Is there no 2022 TdF thread?

Right now, WvA is the best all-around cyclist in the world. That pull he gave to launch Vengagaard was insane.
In the break everyday, wins sprints with 2x the next closest for the green points, and ~3rd in kom and pulls for yellow dropping pogatcha ….absolutely ridiculous. He’s the TDF winner this year.

I don't know about how other folks are generally reacting to it, but personally I really prefer the PeacockTV streaming. The coverage itself isn't essentially different than previous years (and just like previous years, the same damn ads are playing over and over and over throuhgout - this year it's been Hammerhead, Little Caeser's and Pros's Closet), but streaming an event like the Tour is just so much more convenient than watching it on live TV. I've been putting it on my personal laptop in my office while working and I haven't missed anything (I have to mute it for meetings, but it's been on every day.)

I don't know about how other folks are generally reacting to it, but personally I really prefer the PeacockTV streaming. The coverage itself isn't essentially different than previous years (and just like previous years, the same damn ads are playing over and over and over throuhgout - this year it's been Hammerhead, Little Caeser's and Pros's Closet), but streaming an event like the Tour is just so much more convenient than watching it on live TV. I've been putting it on my personal laptop in my office while working and I haven't missed anything (I have to mute it for meetings, but it's been on every day.)
If you have the international version of the peacock coverage available to you, I highly recommend it. It’s under sports and then drop down a few rows of thumbnails. The one that doesn’t have USA on it.
EE6D7668-F417-4DDE-9D8E-C853EFD2435B.jpeg

Getting hard to concentrate on Teams calls this month. 😉
E71671B6-195B-4974-8B4D-E89BF717E4AA.jpeg

Last edited:
If you have the international version of the peacock coverage available to you, I highly recommend it. It’s under sports and then drop down a few rows of thumbnails. The one that doesn’t have USA on it.
View attachment 191042

Getting hard to concentrate on Teams calls this month. 😉
View attachment 191041
I have seen the international version. I like some parts of it - I think they tend to assume greater knowledge of the sport than the US version does, which makes sense - but others I wasn't so keen on. Like the day I was watching it - I think it was one of the earlier stages - they seemed to have a lot of their own insider references that didn't make much sense to me. The one guy was telling a story about Pidcock and he was using all these phrases that were like British slang that I didn't know. It was actually pretty funny because it was English speaking but still a foreign language and the guy seemed to just laugh at random moments.

100% the convenience of the true streaming experience is better and frankly little things like the peacock app letting you ff/rewind at 94x speed is so much nicer than my hulu/usa experience. But I missed Phil and Bob too much when watching on peacock so I went back to USA for them.

Only need to watch last 3 miles today. If @rick81721 is wondering where froome is, he got Cov
100% the convenience of the true streaming experience is better and frankly little things like the peacock app letting you ff/rewind at 94x speed is so much nicer than my hulu/usa experience. But I missed Phil and Bob too much when watching on peacock so I went back to USA for them.
Peacock USA feed has Bob, Phil, CVdV, Horner and the 3D BB (Probably not gonna get the last reference unless you were a kid in the 70’s 😉)

Watching some previous stages because we went away for a few days. Still haven't seen Paris but I just watched 19 and the TT. Honestly the longer Jonas is in yellow the more bittersweet this tour is. Sure its boring to have the same guy win year after but TD has been doing it on a team thats isn't strong, while JV is just an onslaught of a team. Seeing them go 1-2 in the TT and win the green (by 200 pts) and yellow (by 3 and a half minutes) jerseys is too much. Happy for Jonas and he definitely proved himself to be worthy of yellow but to see such a strong team is like rooting for the 27 Yankees.

Meanwhile I'd love to see all these talented Americans team up! If kuss McNulty simmons and Jorgensen all supported powless we'd honestly have a legitimate contending team! I'm not even all that patriotic a guy but that would amazing to see.

Has to be the lamest sprint on the champs I have watched. Man, the sprint teams with the biggest miss of the tour; 3 true sprint stages?

Ewan, Jacobsen and a few others pretty much no shows

I was a bit surprised Ewan wasn't really a factor in any of the sprints, but it's possible the incredible overall speed of the racing just had him gassed to the point that during the sprint stages he just didn't have anything left to give.

I was a bit surprised Ewan wasn't really a factor in any of the sprints, but it's possible the incredible overall speed of the racing just had him gassed to the point that during the sprint stages he just didn't have anything left to give.
He did get the lantern rouge! 😁

He was there in a couple early stages but was blocked out or crashed or something. As the tour went on he just didn't have it anymore. But regardless even just for one stage I don't think he has the horsepower the top 3 guys do.

Back
Top Bottom